C4 Forums | Control4

DSC Neo TL280 5.1 not communicating with C4 Director

Hello, 

We recently moved into a new home and are trying to connect the DSC Neo panel to C4 through the TL280 5.1 internet alarm communication. I have gone through all the panel configuration set up steps on the C4 guide providing the installer with the Peer Key (first 8 digits on prompt 422) and the Own Key (all 8 digits on promos 423). I have also confirmed all the settings for IP communication prompts on the C4 configuration guide, however we still can not get ip communication to the director. Any help or tips/tricks would be much appreciated! 

Thank you all in advance! 

Grant

I have gone through the TL-280 DSC set up on the driver multiple times. The TL-280 is version 5.51 and the following has been completed and verified multiple times. 

422: first 8 digits peer key entered in driver

423: changed from default 12345678 to unique 8 digit own key

425: --3-5---

426: --3-----

428: IP address of director programed into panel 

429: 0C00

711: changed from default 0000 to 0078

992: IP address noted from TL-280 (however if I look on my uniFi network the DSC IP address is showing up a model "xbox" and manufacture "Microsoft" and has its IP address fixed. 

999: unpluged the Ethernet cable, entered 55 over the 99 default and waited 5 second and hit # then plugged back in the network cable. 

Still no connectivity from the director to the DSC Neo through the TL-280? Im at a loss

Im not sure how to change the IP on the DSC TL-280. I went into my UniFi network and see that the DSC has a fixed IP address and is using RSTP spanning tree protocol.Rogue DHCP Server Detection is selected, and IoT Auto-Discovery is also selected. There is no data transfer showing up or down but the latency is showing 1ms. 

Well, this was the strangest control4 issue I have ran into in 15 years of using the platform. The remote installer switched the driver connection to serial (which didn't work when programing the DSC panel to serial and connecting the TL-280 via serial), so then I reprogramed the DSC back to IP and the remote installer switched the connection back to IP on the driver and now its working.... who knows