C4 Forums | Control4

Core 3 Streaming to Audio Matrix

Quick question please... I have a Core 3 outputting audio to a Gen 1 Triad Audio Matrix via 1) Coaxial Digital and 2) Analog.    I'm assuming I can play 2 different streaming sources in the C4 list at same time given 2 outputs into the audio matrix.   When I (from same user/app) on my Iphone via c4 app open up two audio zones in 2 different rooms, it plays the same source.   Do you need to have a different user logged into the C4 app to play a different audio stream concurrently in another room?  

6 hours ago, ejn1 said:

Quick question please... I have a Core 3 outputting audio to a Gen 1 Triad Audio Matrix via 1) Coaxial Digital and 2) Analog.    I'm assuming I can play 2 different streaming sources in the C4 list at same time given 2 outputs into the audio matrix.   When I (from same user/app) on my Iphone via c4 app open up two audio zones in 2 different rooms, it plays the same source.   Do you need to have a different user logged into the C4 app to play a different audio stream concurrently in another room?  

You should be able to yes: of course your system would need to be AWARE both those connections are in place (ie the connection must be made in composer)

Oh I should add: the ability to use more than 1 stream is in some cases stream dependant.

Tune in and amazon for example, allow multiple streams per driver (to be exact, per account), whereas SiriusXM allows only one stream per subscriber period (so you need to add more than one driver with unique usernames/passwords) and airplay and spotify can have 1 stream per driver (though you don't need more than one account as such)so again more than one driver is needed.

12 hours ago, Cyknight said:

Oh I should add: the ability to use more than 1 stream is in some cases stream dependant.

Tune in and amazon for example, allow multiple streams per driver (to be exact, per account), whereas SiriusXM allows only one stream per subscriber period (so you need to add more than one driver with unique usernames/passwords) and airplay and spotify can have 1 stream per driver (though you don't need more than one account as such)so again more than one driver is needed.

Huge thanks, do you know if Tidal allows more than one stream per driver?   I have a family Tidal plan so all my family members have their own unique membership ID. 

44 minutes ago, ejn1 said:

do you know if Tidal allows more than one stream per driver?

Tidal is one of those that is 1 stream per account/driver. For Tidal, with a family subscription, it's usually my advise to load one driver per user, and name after the user (so that each user will always select 'their' tidal - preventing yelling matches across the house ;) )

On 9/30/2024 at 12:30 AM, Cyknight said:

You should be able to yes: of course your system would need to be AWARE both those connections are in place (ie the connection must be made in composer)

When you reference composer is that Pro or HE?

The three audio outputs for the Core 3 is Audio 1, Audio 2 and Digital Coax In?  What type of cable fits in the Audio 1 and Audio 2 jacks?

The Core 3 Digital Coax In could be from a Sonos Port or other streaming device?

Edit: The Core 3 Audio 1 and Audio 2 are analog, this would require a 3.5 aux to 2 x RCA adapter cable to plug into a audio matrix?

1 hour ago, IBZICON said:

When you reference composer is that Pro or HE?

The three audio outputs for the Core 3 is Audio 1, Audio 2 and Digital Coax In?  What type of cable fits in the Audio 1 and Audio 2 jacks?

The Core 3 Digital Coax In could be from a Sonos Port or other streaming device?

Edit: The Core 3 Audio 1 and Audio 2 are analog, this would require a 3.5 aux to 2 x RCA adapter cable to plug into a audio matrix?

For physical connections,  i use the digital coax "out" not "in" to the audio matrix and the analog 1 output to the audio matrix.