C4 Forums | Control4

Wireless smoke sensors compatible with control4 2.10.6

Hello, I have a project that works with version 2.10.6 and requires the installation of smoke sensors, preferably wireless, that integrate with control4 in order to send alarms when an activation occurs. Could you help me with which devices can serve this requirement?

It should be noted that it is not currently possible to upgrade to version 3 because many devices are not compatible and they are not planning to replace them at the moment.

Thanks

Hi 

What is the plan for the smoke integration with control4?  
normally you connect smokes to an alarm system then connect the alarm to c4. If that’s the case there are many systems that are compatible.   Recommend a legacy system like DSc 1832 with an it100 for rs232.  

the alarm system and a monitoring service is probably what you need   I don’t know if I’d recommend smoke integration 

IQ panels should work fine in 2.10.6 and a lot easier to setup and integrate for anyone that doesn't normally do them.

As per @Cinegration I would also say that using C4 for lifesaving is not a good idea. So if true remote monitoring is what you're after (or your client is after) than don't do that via C4.

1 hour ago, Cyknight said:

IQ panels should work fine in 2.10.6 and a lot easier to setup and integrate for anyone that doesn't normally do them.

As per @Cinegration I would also say that using C4 for lifesaving is not a good idea. So if true remote monitoring is what you're after (or your client is after) than don't do that via C4.

I was thinking the Qolsys but didn't know if that driver was compatible with 2.10.6?

On 9/27/2024 at 9:54 AM, Cinegration said:

Hi 

What is the plan for the smoke integration with control4?  
normally you connect smokes to an alarm system then connect the alarm to c4. If that’s the case there are many systems that are compatible.   Recommend a legacy system like DSc 1832 with an it100 for rs232.  

the alarm system and a monitoring service is probably what you need   I don’t know if I’d recommend smoke integration 

Hello, the project also has a DSC HS2032 alarm that is integrated with Control4. It would also be useful if they are devices connected to the alarm and then also report to Control4. Could you help me with which devices would be compatible with this alarm and I think that since they are wireless I should also put them as repeaters or something similar? Currently the alarm does not have any wireless devices.

Thanks

On 9/28/2024 at 10:11 AM, JoseLuis1225 said:

Hello, the project also has a DSC HS2032 alarm that is integrated with Control4. It would also be useful if they are devices connected to the alarm and then also report to Control4. Could you help me with which devices would be compatible with this alarm and I think that since they are wireless I should also put them as repeaters or something similar? Currently the alarm does not have any wireless devices.

Thanks

That's a newer panel (DSC Neo) - that may work very well, or you may have an issue depending on how it is monitored.

You'll really have to get a dealer involved at this point, remote or otherwise.

You'll also need full installer access to the panel.

Assuming whomever put it in used one powerg output keypad all you need is any standard Powerg smoke (range shouldn't be a concern. If not, you'll need to replace one keypad.

Again, you'll need to ensure you have the installer key if nothing else: this rally may be something a local dealer should be looking at.