C4 Forums | Control4

Need a new laptop...

9 hours ago, Time2Jet said:

Hi Dawn, hope you’re doing well.

I’ve been Surface tempted for years. The Yoga 3 n 1’s have been so solid, but they don’t detach, just flip all the way into a tablet. I use the 13” models. How do you like the Surface Keyboard? Keyboard is the thing I tend to base my decision on lol. I need another good laptop right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hear you. The keyboard is one of the reasons I picked the macbook pro over the macbook air.

14 hours ago, Time2Jet said:

Hi Dawn, hope you’re doing well.

I’ve been Surface tempted for years. The Yoga 3 n 1’s have been so solid, but they don’t detach, just flip all the way into a tablet. I use the 13” models. How do you like the Surface Keyboard? Keyboard is the thing I tend to base my decision on lol. I need another good laptop right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I use the Surface Laptop, both professionally and even got one for personal use. I absolutely love it.  

If you are interested I can look up some pricing for you :)

I ended up getting a 15" Surface Laptop with 32gb RAM, 1 TB SSD.  So far so good, although I haven't really had a chance to put the battery life to its full test.  I was a little bummed that this model only seems to come in black, but not a big deal really.  Its also a bit heavier and larger than my previous Lenovo, so that will take some getting used to...part of me wonders if I should have just went with the 13.8" model.

Otherwise, this thing is really nice - love the build quality, speed, facial recognition unlock, and (hopefully) really long battery life!  Thanks all for your input.

3 hours ago, chopedogg88 said:

I ended up getting a 15" Surface Laptop with 32gb RAM, 1 TB SSD.  So far so good, although I haven't really had a chance to put the battery life to its full test.  I was a little bummed that this model only seems to come in black, but not a big deal really.  Its also a bit heavier and larger than my previous Lenovo, so that will take some getting used to...part of me wonders if I should have just went with the 13.8" model.

Otherwise, this thing is really nice - love the build quality, speed, facial recognition unlock, and (hopefully) really long battery life!  Thanks all for your input.

Congrats. I think you will like it