C4 Forums | Control4

Sonos Arc Soundbar setup

Hi, First time setting this up and Just wondering how everyone is setting up the Sonos arc Soundbar and Sonos in General when connected with Tv either with Sonos Soundbar or Sonos Amp.

Have a Samsung Frame tv with Sonos Arc Soundbar and Halo remote, i tried at first using the HDMI eARC, driver documentation says connect output of TV Driver to Sonos Home theatre input, how do you do this as on the connections for the Tv eARC is HDMI3 but when select HDMI 3 i cant connect this to the sonos home theatre as it doesnt give that option. So ive had to use an optical as this then allows the connection to the Sonos Home Theatre Input. It all seems to be working ok with the below but now dont get volume level feedback/level on the Halo remote. Ive put screen shots below to check ive set it up correct. I think ive got myself in a right muddle here, long day. Thanks 

Screenshot2024-09-27at00_46_45.thumb.png.07052975afdff87bbb516b1f17b15bb1.png

Screenshot2024-09-27at00_46_14.thumb.png.731ce457fbe54b03938036431fb95d83.png

Screenshot2024-09-27at01_02_22.thumb.png.18eadbc5d8ba2e3389e42af65294d915.png

Control4 does not have an eARC connection so you have to fake it.  The way you fake it is, you make a connection between the TV via the Digital_Optical and make sure its going into one of the Home Theater Inputs on the sonos side.  It looks like you have it configured correctly.  This will give you volume control directly to the Sonos from your remote.