C4 Forums | Control4

Luxul AMS2624P for MoIP?

ILoveC4

I’m going to installed a B-900 MoIP system in place of my old JAP system. Want to make the jump to 4K. Can anyone advise me as to whether or not the AMS2624P 24port Luxul PoE switch I have will handle this or not? Bonus points if you can give me pointers as to how to configure the switch. 

I know I’ve helped a lot of people here, and received some help too. Hoping somewhere can pass along some wisdom as this is my first Binary MoIP experience. 

Instruction sheet is public available, which wil include all settings and options required:

https://www.snapav.com/wcsstore/ExtendedSitesCatalogAssetStore/attachments/documents/MediaDistribution/ManualsAndGuides/B-900-MoIP-InstallSetup Guide 190830_1230.pdf

I suspect that the Luxul should be ok on the latest firmware, but simply check in the interface for it what is required to be on. There's not a LOT of setup required on the switch at all: the Moip controller handles most of the heavy lifting (unlike a JAP setup where the switch is the 'control' unit)

NOTE that if you're going with the 960 series for full 4k 4:4:4 HDR you'll need 10Gb switches so the luxul won't do.

6 hours ago, Cyknight said:

Instruction sheet is public available, which wil include all settings and options required:

https://www.snapav.com/wcsstore/ExtendedSitesCatalogAssetStore/attachments/documents/MediaDistribution/ManualsAndGuides/B-900-MoIP-InstallSetup Guide 190830_1230.pdf

I suspect that the Luxul should be ok on the latest firmware, but simply check in the interface for it what is required to be on. There's not a LOT of setup required on the switch at all: the Moip controller handles most of the heavy lifting (unlike a JAP setup where the switch is the 'control' unit)

NOTE that if you're going with the 960 series for full 4k 4:4:4 HDR you'll need 10Gb switches so the luxul won't do.

Thank you. I’m going with the 900 series because it’s what I’ve had sitting on the shelf for a while (intended for our second home). I’m traveling this week, but will look into the doc linked.

I hooked it up so some open ports on the switch and validated they weren’t on any VLAN’s, and it worked..but the image was INCREDIBLY choppy…completely unusable. I suspect there’s configs that aren’t correct and hoping that doc will point me to what I need to know.