C4 Forums | Control4

How to get power states from Samsung TV IP control

Hi guys, I'm using  IP control driver to control Samsung TV.

It works well and it can send power state feedback if I turn on TV from C4 system. However, there is no power states feedback if I turn on/off TV from other source outside C4 such as TV remote.

My practice is whenever turn on TV included from TV remote, I can do something with TV. I tried to Power states variable, but it didn't work when turn on TV from TV remote.

Do you guys know how to get TV power states in C4 system ?. Thank you so much

Sorry for my bad English.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/26/2024 at 5:38 AM, RyanE said:

I don't know of a way, but I haven't done Samsung TV drivers since 2017.

RyanE

Thank you. So I must have solution for our customer: if they want to use TV sound and C4 system speakers, turn on TV from C4 app. If they want to use only TV speaker, turn on from TV remote.

36 minutes ago, kasarainie said:

Thank you. So I must have solution for our customer: if they want to use TV sound and C4 system speakers, turn on TV from C4 app. If they want to use only TV speaker, turn on from TV remote.

There are (better?) ways to do this all from within Control4 (ie using the C4 remote only).

8 minutes ago, South Africa C4 user said:

There are (better?) ways to do this all from within Control4 (ie using the C4 remote only).

Because our customer also wants to use TV speaker when he watch news. So sad, he didn't buy C4 remote 

@kasarainie I suggest using a Shelly device equipped with a power monitor (i.e. Shelly One Plus PM) to monitor the power consumption on the electrical outlet to which the Samsung TV is connected.  This will give you a signal as to when the user has turned on the TV by any means (because the power usage will spike from close to 0 (standby) to something significant).

Now, I have a question for you: How can I activate the Samsung Smart Hub using IP control?  I have a Samsung IP driver but I can not find the feature that calls the Smart Hub.

kind regards