C4 Forums | Control4

Using Control4 in my own Disney Tower of Terror Ride Experience

justme

Well over a decade ago  I fell in love with the Disney Tower of Terror Ride at Walt Disney World,  and it planted a seed in my mind to  theme the front entrance of a home theater to look like the Elevator entrance of the ride vehicle located in the Boiler room of the ride attraction.  Almost 5 yrs ago I started on this project, and it metastasized from theming the front entrance of my media room into theming an entire enclosed patio, and extending into the yard.   The project also expanded from just looking like the Tower of Terror boiler room into having functional/interactive features and props throughout the entire room and outside the room as well.   I hired a local contractor to do the physical recreation of the faux concrete walls in the room and found a local escape room designer/prop maker to help with adding game room controllers for an automated show revolving around the basic premise of the Disney ride about 5 people who enter an elevator never to be seen again.  This all worked out and functioned as well as I hoped although the game room designer/programmer while quite talented and resourceful is very difficult to come to work on the project as he has the personality of an artist, and I could not entice him to work more frequently even offering significantly more payment than is standard in his profession.  

So now five yrs into a constantly growing obsession, I continue to add new props, functions and plans including an automated robotic elevator car to navigate the room.    I had made a brief attempt to integrate Control4 into the project early on, but it has only been in the last several weeks that I have had a burst of inspiration to add more Control4 equipment/automation via multiple wireless switches which have improved reliability/remoted testing and control functions and access to a reliable Control4 programmer in my area.  I really should learn how to use Composer as I think some of the programming I could do myself via this.  So currently I have added multiple wireless switches in multiple locations to act as triggers for effects via a Control4 wireless motion sensor.  I would love to hear any input  on using Control4 for more complex control as I plan for the automated robotic elevator car.  

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, eggzlot said:

I dont even know what I am looking at but its super cool!

Have you been on the Disney Tower of Terror ride?   If not then probably the whole thing is just strange.  I am always surprised that maybe half the  people that come through the room have never been to the ride and probably wonder What the...  

Edited by justme

10 hours ago, justme said:

Have you been on the Disney Tower of Terror ride?   If not then probably the whole thing is just strange.  I am always surprised that maybe half the  people that come through the room have never been to the ride and probably wonder What the...  

nope.  Know of the ride.  Never been.  I don’t like the sensation of free fall 🙂