C4 Forums | Control4

New Halo Firmware adds Security

My personal opinions:

I knew firmwares would continue to add any missing features as well as new features. They have proven this to be the case. Driver developments to take advantage of the power of the platform will continue to follow. I think the ui/icon issues that are being complained of will be addressed. Have a feeling we’ll see a new button (experience/etc) style that works well with the Halo.

Battery spec was a huge miss/flaw.

Otherwise, as I have said since before launch, the Halo platform remotes are in the elite category of control system remotes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12 hours ago, Time2Jet said:

I think the ui/icon issues that are being complained of will be addressed. Have a feeling we’ll see a new button (experience/etc) style that works well with the Halo.

i think too. 
hopefully they don´t adapt the Halo designs to the normal GUI.

Snap One will celebrate the 20th anniversary of its Control4 open-source platform with the introduction of new features, user interfaces, and deployment tools

19 hours ago, Time2Jet said:

My personal opinions:

I knew firmwares would continue to add any missing features as well as new features. They have proven this to be the case. Driver developments to take advantage of the power of the platform will continue to follow. I think the ui/icon issues that are being complained of will be addressed. Have a feeling we’ll see a new button (experience/etc) style that works well with the Halo.

Battery spec was a huge miss/flaw.

Otherwise, as I have said since before launch, the Halo platform remotes are in the elite category of control system remotes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree. There was one build that really improved the battery life -- up to three days, but it quickly disappeared. I now get enough power for a day of use.

Its still missing the one click to content like a neeo.  Its only one click to YTTV, YT, Netflix, Plex on the neeo.  No reason Halo shouldn't be the same. If its on the charger or not, pick it up and use it and get to the content that I want. 

18 minutes ago, DanITman said:

Its still missing the one click to content like a neeo.  Its only one click to YTTV, YT, Netflix, Plex on the neeo.  No reason Halo shouldn't be the same. If its on the charger or not, pick it up and use it and get to the content that I want. 

I don't understand this comment.  It shows room favorites on it's main screen, and you can select them just like you can on the Neeo.

If you've favorited a mini app, like Netflix, Hulu, etc., it starts as soon as you press it, just like on the Neeo.

I guess you mean you want it out of the 'clock' screen when you pick it up.  I guess that does make sense.

RyanE

On 8/26/2024 at 10:45 AM, RyanE said:

I don't understand this comment.  It shows room favorites on it's main screen, and you can select them just like you can on the Neeo.

If you've favorited a mini app, like Netflix, Hulu, etc., it starts as soon as you press it, just like on the Neeo.

I guess you mean you want it out of the 'clock' screen when you pick it up.  I guess that does make sense.

RyanE

I want netflix to be on the home screen when I pick it up.  Clicks matter and getting me to content quicker is priority #1.  You can still keep the clock on there.  Just give me the buttons when I pick it up.