C4 Forums | Control4

sony tv won't turn off....

Hey all, 

I've got a conundrum. I bought a new sony tv and installed it. It'll turn on via C4 but some reason it won't turn off. Even mitch  (msgreenf) is stumped. Anyone have any thoughts or ideas? I've moved the IR button all over the place and nothing. Oddly it'll turn on with the IR not even remotely close to the sensor. Thoughts? TIA 

IIRC sony remotes use Bluetooth. When the set is powered down, they both fallback to IR. What you're seeing is consistent with that save for the behaviour when turning off. As an experiment...if there is a remote paired via BT with the TV, try deleting it and see if the TV responds to IR commands exclusively.

Do you have another IR remote you can program (i.e. cable TV, receiver w/universal remote, etc.) to control your Sony and see if that works?  That would at least confirm it is not the Sony IR function in the TV itself.

5 hours ago, Hdhawan said:

Popolou-tried it and didn't work......what you suggested makes sense. Any other thoughts or suggestions? TIA

'fraid not, other than perhaps ensure BT is fully off too. It appears to suggest Sony are going about this differently now.

Had a clients Sony Bravia TV IR stop working... Model year around 2020 after factory reset still no IR. After googling a while I was able to use a keyboard to get to the setup to enable RS232/IP it was a real pain. 

10 hours ago, Hdhawan said:

Popolou-tried it and didn't work......what you suggested makes sense. Any other thoughts or suggestions? TIA

Just to clarify - it didn't work to make C4 work, but did the original, now unpaired remote still work to turn it off?

If so, it may be that the tv uses an alternative (switching) ir command for off: if so, the C4 driver will need to have this setup as well.

i can try another remote for sure. The sony is a 2023 KD-75x77cl (not sure if that helps).....

cdcllc_ ill check if bravialink is on....

Cyknight-yes, i unpaired the sony remote and turned bluetooth off. The C4 remote turned the tv on but would not turn it off. Oddly enough the sony remote even unpaired and removed from the list on screen still worked.....

24 minutes ago, Hdhawan said:

hi guys, i was able to find the IP Control and turn it on. I was also able to turn the passcode off.....thoughts?

If you have the IP control settings I need to reconfigure the driver 

• 3 weeks later...

Guys, my 2017 Sony LED failed last night and I’m looking for a new TV. Is the recommendation not to use Sony anymore because of spotty IP control/integration with Control4? If so, which brand is most recommended for solid control?