C4 Forums | Control4

Chowmainsoft Launches New Marketplace for Home Automation System Drivers

signature-logo

Chowmainsoft, a global leader of driver, module, and plugin development for home automation systems, announces the launch of the Chowmainsoft Marketplace. This online portal allows integrators to purchase and manage driver licenses, update drivers, and obtain support.

The marketplace offers over 350 drivers across 160 unique manufacturer brands and nine control systems. Over half of these drivers are manufacturer-sponsored and available for free download. Supported control systems include Control4, Crestron, Crestron Home, Fibaro, Nice Home Management (ELAN), Q-SYS, RTI, Savant, and URC.

Integrators are able to benefit from free showroom licensing which allow them to learn and demonstrate drivers before onsite installation. Additionally, all drivers come with a 90-day trial, allowing customers to evaluate drivers prior to Integrators purchasing licenses which can be done 24/7 through the marketplace. The platform also enables integrators to migrate licenses to new systems independently, facilitating smooth transitions when home automation controllers are replaced or upgraded.

Chowmainsoft has a dedicated in-house driver development team, with backgrounds in home automation manufacturing, distribution, and installation. This team collaborates closely with control system and product manufacturers to design and develop feature-rich and easy-to-install drivers.

Understanding the importance of driver support, Chowmainsoft provides technical support to integrators five days a week for 19 hours each day via tickets, chat and UK/US/AU phone numbers by team members in New Zealand, Australia, and the UK.

"Chowmainsoft is dedicated solely to drivers. Our focus on driver development and support ensures the success of our partners, be they integrators, home automation manufacturers, or product manufacturers. The marketplace is the next logical step in providing top-level service to our partners," says Alan Chow, Managing Director.

We sincerely thank DriverCentral marketplace for their invaluable support and partnership in facilitating driver sales and support throughout the years that Chowmainsoft utilized their platform.

Driver licenses purchased through the DriverCentral marketplace can be migrated to the Chowmainsoft marketplace. If you need to migrate a license, please contact the Chowmain support team. Existing DriverCentral licenses for Chowmain drivers will continue to function, so migration is optional. The main advantage of migrating is gaining access to the latest driver versions.

Chowmain drivers will remain available for purchase on DriverCentral through the middle of September. Beginning September 13th, Chowmain drivers will be available solely on the Chowmainsoft marketplace, please sign up for the Chowmainsoft marketplace before this date to continue purchasing Chowmainsoft licences.

As part of our launch we will be providing 25% off all driver licence purchases with coupon code WELCOME (coupon valid until 14th October 2024).

Visiting CEDIA Expo or EI Live!? Come see us on booth No. 2953 and Booth No. 18.

For more information please visit the link below.

79e588ae-3410-8999-05bf-5d16c77bd6fd.png.f7578aaa9029c70e41a19d6c4f7864b1.png

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/5/2024 at 4:39 PM, zaphod said:

Will this marketplace just be for Chowmainsoft drivers, or will other driver manufacturers be selling through this site as well?

The Chowmainsoft marketplace was created solely for Chowmainsoft drivers.  Having said that we have had a overwelming number of requests from other developers we met with at CEDIA Expo who want to sell drivers on our marketplace. As such our team is investigating how we can modify our marketplace to allow other developers to utilise our marketplace for their sales and support.  This may take some time as our marketplace is not an off the shelf CMS and as such may take 6-12 month

Today is the final day to purchase Chowmainsoft drivers through DriverCentral.

This change affects over 160 drivers hosted on the platform. Dealers, to continue purchasing drivers, please ensure you've signed up for the new Chowmainsoft marketplace. Please note that account verification may take a few extra days due to the high volume of dealer sign-ups. However, all our drivers are available for download with a 90-day trial, which does not require dealer registration. If you need to install a driver immediately, please utilize the trial option in the meantime.

I think I purchased your Kodi Full driver years ago when Best Buy was my dealer. I have a different dealer that I work with now. In light of your transition, do I need to do anything to maintain my license?

Thanks for clarifying!

31 minutes ago, elee532 said:

I think I purchased your Kodi Full driver years ago when Best Buy was my dealer. I have a different dealer that I work with now. In light of your transition, do I need to do anything to maintain my license?

Thanks for clarifying!

Existing licences will continue to operate indefinitely. No action required.