C4 Forums | Control4

Rogue Audio Matrix

Hello I have a C4 audio matrix that just the other night (the MIDDLE of the night) started pumping machine gun sounds through every speaker in the house until I unplugged it.  I waited a day or so to get the courage to plug it back in and the same sounds were there waiting for me.

Is it dead?

I assume I can't just swap out a new one but instead I need the dealer to come and install/program it?

Thanks as always for your help

On 8/12/2024 at 3:13 PM, pfissure said:

Is it dead?

Yes. Or I should say the power supply is busted.

You can eithertry replacing the powersupply if you can find one on ebay etc, or replace it.

If the same matrix, replacing it yourself is 99% possible (just swap out the wires to the same setup) and then a remote dealer just needs to identify it for you, I'm sure @msgreenf or @chopedogg88 or one of the other can do so quickly.

A different matrix is a new device, so yes would need a dealer to do the programming (again, could likely do so remotely)

If it is a power supply you could replace the power supply.  You can easily splice in a generic power supply and tie wrap it inside the case as the case is mainly empty.  Check out this thread .

That's assuming by matrix you mean this device, as opposed to a matrix amp or other device.