C4 Forums | Control4

Apple TV IP Control

I have about 8 Apple TV's in my house control4 by C4 IP control.   I just recently had to update my Apple ID password, which caused me to have update all ATVs with the new password.   I removed the Bridge from HomeKit then re-added it after all ATVs had the new credentials.   7 out of 8 work again.  I can't for the life of me figure out why the last one won't control?   Any thoughts?

Frustrating, my dealer called and for some reason the Apple TV selector defaulted to blank when clearly there was one listed there for the family room.   Does anyone know if the Composer HE allows an end user like myself to be able to access this setting?   

Hi thanks so much for replying.    Unfortunately this contradicts what my dealer said when they called C4/Snap.  Apparently the system design page is unaccessible.   If I can access the Apple TV selector, amongst all the other small tweaks/things to use in HE I'm all for it.   Really appreciate this community and the help it has offered me!

Hi @chopedogg88

And just to confirm, before I go ahead with purchasing HE.. if I had this happen again, I'd be able to go into system monitoring page and look up by room to confirm that each Apple TV selector is chosen?   And if one is set blank, it would allow me to make the change and have it update my project?   

You both are awesome btw.. Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

I’m now stuck in where I cant activate apple-tv-control on my devices. 
get the message:
Unable to complete Apple TV integration

Have read all threads I could find on the subject, but dont find any clear solition. Ive been working with my dealer and removed deivers, reinstalled both C4-app and apple Home, but still cant get connection to apple bridge. 
ive had this set up without issues for some years, but after updating my apple devices the connection was lost. 
Any news on how to connect to the bridge?

Do you have both the bridge and an Apple TV driver installed? They both must be installed. Next thing to try is open the Apple home app on your phone and make sure you have no control for devices. If you do delete them. Make sure you're signed into the same Apple ID on your phone and the the Apple TV. Update the Apple TV to the latest OS. Reboot the Apple TV and try again

Yes, both installed and I fallowed the documentation for the driver. 
same apple-ID on all apple-devices. 
i saw in some other thread that you suggested just to push the activate-button i C4-app again, and maybe again. But it doesbt help. 

• 4 weeks later...

Has anyone experienced after updating their Apple TVs to TV OS 18 that they lose IP Control from their remotes/touch screens?   The only solution I've found that seems to work is to unplug the Apple TV and then when it reboots it works just fine as it did before the update.   Odd behavior.  It's happened on 5 ATVs I've updated so far.   When it lost control, I checked composer home and the tv room still shows the right ATV in the selector, it just refuses to control it until a hard reboot.   

8 hours ago, slim42dog said:

Has anyone experienced after updating their Apple TVs to TV OS 18 that they lose IP Control from their remotes/touch screens?   The only solution I've found that seems to work is to unplug the Apple TV and then when it reboots it works just fine as it did before the update.   Odd behavior.  It's happened on 5 ATVs I've updated so far.   When it lost control, I checked composer home and the tv room still shows the right ATV in the selector, it just refuses to control it until a hard reboot.   

Yes with 18. Haven’t found a work around except to go back to 17. 

Not sure if I found a fix or not, but after rebooting the ATVs, they would still lose IP Control after a short time.   What I ended up doing was updating all my ATV boxes to 18, HomePods, phone, iPad etc.  Anything running on my "Home".   Then I uninstalled the ATV C4 Bridge from the home app.   Then went into the control4 app and re-enabled IP Control and re added it back to my home.   So far, it's been working.   

2 hours ago, slim42dog said:

Not sure if I found a fix or not, but after rebooting the ATVs, they would still lose IP Control after a short time.   What I ended up doing was updating all my ATV boxes to 18, HomePods, phone, iPad etc.  Anything running on my "Home".   Then I uninstalled the ATV C4 Bridge from the home app.   Then went into the control4 app and re-enabled IP Control and re added it back to my home.   So far, it's been working.   

This sounds very messy.  Hopefully they fix this soon… I am pretty sure my AppleTVs auto update so I may well have a problem soon!