C4 Forums | Control4

How do you get C4 to update a Universal Minidriver?

The Drivers for CBC Gem and TSN only have Service IDs for Nvidia Shield and Samsung and I would update them to include the Roku app IDs.  These are both Canadian streaming apps.

How do I get C4 to update them?  CBC Gem has a Roku app ID of 614780 and TSN has a Roku app ID of 675097?

• 2 weeks later...

Send an email to: universal_minidriver_dev@control4.com, with the c4z file name of the mini driver you want additional IDs added to, and the ID information (platform, app id, etc.).

They get queued up, so it may take a while to get to them, but that should at least get the ball rolling.

RyanE

Thanks Ryan - FYI after a day or two I did it myself by editing the driver.lua file in the c4z file to add the UM_ROKU line as follows:

JSON_APP_DATA = [[{
	"serviceIds": {
		"UM_ROKU": "614780",
		"UM_NV_SHIELD": "ca.cbc.android.cbctv",
		"UM_SAMSUNG2021": "CBC Gem"
	},
	"appName": "CBC Gem"

Yeah, they're pretty easy to update, but I appreciate you also requesting an update from the minidriver support email (I am on the distribution list, but usually not the one who does it), since then they'll work for the next guy...

RyanE