C4 Forums | Control4

Ambient Weather Station Control4 Integration

I have An Ambient Weather Station with a bunch of remote sensors I use to monitor fridges / freezers / rooms. 

I have a Weather Underground account which was set up back in 2017 and believe I have a valid API key for my device.

I have the Chowmain Open Weather driver.  

How do I integrate my devices (sensors) into Control4?

Is there a Control4 driver for Weather Underground?

There used to be such a driver but then IBM bought WU and took greed to a new level by going from a free API for moderate usage to a minimum price of $10k/year.

See:

21 minutes ago, zaphod said:

There used to be such a driver but then IBM bought WU and took greed to a new level by going from a free API for moderate usage to a minimum price of $10k/year.

See:

I thought if you had the API before it went private, it could still be integrated?

I could not find the Chowmain Weather Underground app anywhere?

I was going to swap out my Ambient Weather sensors for Shelly H&T Gen3's but there are two problems:

1) The wifi seams to be unreliable communicating through some of my fridges.

2) I use these to monitor failure of fridges/freezers.  My upright freezer is set to -25c.  The Shelly only has an operating range of 0°C to 40°C (32°F to 105°F).

Just now, msgreenf said:

Chowmain has never had a weather underground driver. It's the native c4 weather driver

I have a STATION ID and STATION KEY.  Would this allow me to integrate the the sensors into Control4 or is this different from an API?

1 hour ago, ajd123 said:

Do I have access to this via Composer HE or is something you need to do?

Like everything it's a driver that must be installed. I don't recall if it's in your system or not