C4 Forums | Control4

Safely removing engraved faceplate

DLite

Question

Does anybody have tips on how to remove and replace an engraved faceplate from a C4 light switch without breaking one of the two tiny tabs that hold it in place?  Frustratingly, I am no better than 50/50 at this process.

9 answers to this question

1 minute ago, msgreenf said:

Yeah. That works too. Lol. And I'm happy to sell you one but it's virtually the same as the Lowe's option 

It does look suspiciously like the Lowe's tools, which I just ordered!

30 minutes ago, msgreenf said:

Yeah. That works too. Lol. And I'm happy to sell you one but it's virtually the same as the Lowe's option 

Haha pretty much, post was more for the pictures of the button removal process.  

3 minutes ago, Cyknight said:

Honestly, I just use a small flat screw driver (security panel style), apply a bit of pressure from one side with a finger and gently twist the screw driver to release the button (on the other side ). Failure rate 0.

🤷‍♂️

I think I was born without the button removal gene, because that is my strategy, and I am obviously bad at it.  🙃

I like the hook, as you can have the force from the back side of the tab if you will pulling it away from the base.

Flea market dental tools are another source for a tool.