C4 Forums | Control4

New ecobee Driver

3 hours ago, msgreenf said:

v24 of the network driver is out and this fixes the disconnect issues we have been facing.  Been testing it for a few weeks in my house and so far no disconnects@!

What disconnect issue, everytime I try to find info on disconnects, there seems to be a lot of denials.  :)

Honestly this is a good thing.

Out of curiosity, my pet peeve is using the driver will lock in the temp to what the driver wants unlike at the thermostat or using the ecobee app that would give choices of the changed TILL….   Any chance this too has been changed?

2 hours ago, ekohn00 said:

See attached. 

When using the driver it permanently changes the temp, i can never get the “until xxx” time

Ecobee.jpg

That behavior still seems the same in the new driver.  It was kind of a pet peeve of mine too, but I eventually made peace with it. On the bright side, it helps you identify programmatic changes from human changes, and that can be helpful in some programming contexts.

My other unresolved pet peeve is that 1/4 of the time when I update the Ecobee drivers, I lose every line of code that refers to an Ecobee device variable. It is super annoying whenever it happens.

2 hours ago, DLite said:

That behavior still seems the same in the new driver.  It was kind of a pet peeve of mine too, but I eventually made peace with it. On the bright side, it helps you identify programmatic changes from human changes, and that can be helpful in some programming contexts.

@DLite there is a way......@msgreenf pointed out, just tap the hold button and the options show up for hold time.

On 7/17/2024 at 7:06 PM, DLite said:

My other unresolved pet peeve is that 1/4 of the time when I update the Ecobee drivers, I lose every line of code that refers to an Ecobee device variable. It is super annoying whenever it happens.

This hasn't happened to me in the past with prior driver updates, but it definitely did with this last update.

I had programming to alert me when the upstairs Ecobee thermostat went offline (as it does when the water pan fills, and turns the whole upstairs HVAC off). This happened last night, and I didn't receive the alert. I checked programming, and the couple of lines for this were gone. I'll have to check other functions now as well.

This hasn't happened to me in the past with prior driver updates, but it definitely did with this last update.
I had programming to alert me when the upstairs Ecobee thermostat went offline (as it does when the water pan fills, and turns the whole upstairs HVAC off). This happened last night, and I didn't receive the alert. I checked programming, and the couple of lines for this were gone. I'll have to check other functions now as well.

Sorry to hear that. It really is frustrating.

On 7/19/2024 at 1:05 PM, Don Cohen said:

I’ve had this with other thermostat drivers.  The CoolMasterNet being the most annoying for me.  Got to the stage that I took screenshots of all my coding so I could recover following a driver update…

5 minutes ago, South Africa C4 user said:

I’ve had this with other thermostat drivers.  The CoolMasterNet being the most annoying for me.  Got to the stage that I took screenshots of all my coding so I could recover following a driver update…

I literally just did this after rewriting my code last time!

• 2 weeks later...

Could you put the code into a macro and then the macro into driver

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk