C4 Forums | Control4

Samsung TV with Bluetooth soundbar, volume not working from C4 app

I have a Samsung Frame TV paired with a Samsung soundbar, volume works from SR260 remote when I press up and down.  However, the C4 app doesn't work at all, any workaround?

I understand it's probably the Bluetooth connection isn't returning the volume level to C4 so it's not able to adjust.  However, with SR260 it's just doing an increment when pressing the VOL+ and VOL-

Much appreciate your help.

I'm not sure, as I've not worked with soundbars before. I'm one of the iOS app developers, so TV's aren't my area of expertise. My first thought would be to reach out to a dealer, or Control4's tech support if you are a dealer. It's possible that there's a driver option for that or maybe the driver doesn't support the soundbar?

Does it work with a touchscreen (i.e., T3 or T4)?

press and old may not function for that device. are you tapping and hold the + and -. are you able to use the volume rocker on the device for volume control when that room is selected?

The Frame TV is the audio endpoint in the room.  The Frame TV is controlled by the Samsung Frame TV IP driver.

If I use the SR260 to raise or lower the volume by hitting the buttons repeatedly, C4 app gets updated with the volume level right away.  I just can't move the volume slider as it will revert back to the previous volume level right away.

Remove soundbar, have TV do audio, test if it works that way: it'll tell you if the bluetooth connection/volume link is the issue. If it is, there's likely little to be done about it as it breaks the 2-way communication path for the system to 'know' what level the sound is on OR it's losing the ability to 'set volume to xx'

If it doesn't work with the bluetooth removed, then it may be a driver issue or possibly an endpoint issue (note, TV should be both audio endpoint and VOLUME endpoint)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.