C4 Forums | Control4

Issues Registering EA-1 via OVRC

Hi there,

I figured I would ask here since there are several other dealers and C4 staff on the forum. I have just set up an EA-1 controller for a project but I'm having trouble registering the controller to my customer's OVRC profile that I just set up. The controller was second hand, and it shows its running director 2.9.1, so I would like to update it but it has to be registered. The registration screen says "no response to check in request" and when I take that MAC address and try to paste it in the OVRC "add Control4 system" section it throws up an error as pictured. I am really hoping to get this system deployed but this is the only thing holding me back. The sub-dealer account I have says remote access is disabled when I log into "my.control4.com" (also pictured) if this is the issue I will reach out to my associate to see if they can turn it back on from the main dealer account as the check box doesn't do anyhting. Thanks in advance for the assistance. 

image.thumb.png.427f54843208e87ca67d78d5706797aa.png

In Composer ^

image.thumb.png.c3a2dc6aecd850d62952da8984438c76.png

In OVRC ^

image.thumb.png.23760d527509546b10c6cbd9f5b44077.png

My Dealer account ^

I used the image updater to put it on the latest version of 3.x however the blue warning light has been blinking for an hour after the computer finished the upgrade to it. Composer still says it's on 2.9.1. I'm assuming the update will take some time however this seems a little long. 

11 hours ago, RAV said:

Had an issue where it was already in the other dealers OvrC. May need a pro hub to free it. (Tech support searched by Mac)

I contacted tech support and it turned out the controller is still registered to the previous owner in OvrC. I will either contact the previous owner to see if they could do anything or use another OvrC hub to initiate a system takeover. 

14 hours ago, Carter Hobson said:

I contacted tech support and it turned out the controller is still registered to the previous owner in OvrC. I will either contact the previous owner to see if they could do anything or use another OvrC hub to initiate a system takeover. 

Dealer can free from OvrC, home owners can’t, nor will support. Pro Hub will locally.