C4 Forums | Control4

Question a Core1 4k OSD

I'm thinking about either a core lite or core 1 for apple music. However I have 1 TV where I would like a 4k OSD instead of 1080p. I have Hikvision cameras using Chowmain's most recent driver. I have 6 EA1s behind TV now for OSD. If I swap one to the core1 will I get a better resolution of camera view on the OSD? 

We have a Core 3 and Hikvision CAMERAS - With the Driver Central Driver

You will be able to see the Camera on OSD, however the snapshot is a bit hit and miss and not sure if they are 4k 

Our EA1 will not play the cameras at all 

Hey.. Probably best to file a support ticket. However, I spoke to the original developer. We believe the EA limit was 720P, but the new limit is 1080P.

Also, core supports H265. If you can't play the cameras on EA, it might be that they are set too high a resolution or H265.

On the driver side of things regardless, the Core is a much better piece of kit, and there is a HUGE noticeable speed increase depending on the algorithms being run (I have run an ungodly amount of performance tests in the last few months).

Best quality is likely to be via Balun though (like https://www.blustream.co.uk/100m-hdbaset-extender-hex100cs-kit ) or matrix switch if thats an option though

Thanks for the replies. I'm running our 9 series i8 NVR through just add power setup right now as a watch source. I wanted to upgrade the hikvision NVR from an I8 to an M8 or even the new AiNVR. However I believe that Hikvision has removed from the control4 firmware the ability to IP Control the NVR when using HDMI output. Can anyone confirm?

Have you considered another route if in case you use Android TV? I've often used the TinyCam Pro app to connect to up to 24+ cameras without issue both locally and over WAN/VPN without issue. If the TV has the processing ability, it should also be able to take the main stream or a combination of both substream and mainstream without labouring the NVR/C4 side of things. You may be surprised how effective this is.

11 hours ago, ERDrPC said:

I believe that Hikvision has removed from the control4 firmware the ability to IP Control the NVR when using HDMI output. Can anyone confirm?

Correct.

Uniview or Luma still have full control - I'm sure there are others.