C4 Forums | Control4

Apple Music Announced on Instagram

7 hours ago, Andrew luecke said:

What OS are you running now? There was some more security permissions added in 3.4.2 (which were removed from our drivers ages ago), but maybe thats causing issues

And we are back to Director crashing. :(

11 hours ago, rea said:

Question: I'm on an all EA system with multiple Triad Ones--I assume the Triad SA1 is backwards compatible with the EAs and Triad Ones? The Snap site doesn't mention that, but I understand that those are discontinued devices so they don't really have a need to address that on the product page. 

Fully compatible, just need to be up to date on software.

21 hours ago, South Africa C4 user said:

This is very interesting… it will be interesting to see whether I (and others like me) move back to Apple Music having very reluctantly moved to Tidal a few years ago in order to get good (great) integration.

Does an Apple family account mean that one can play multiple streams in the same way as a Tidal family account allows multiple streams.  Also, does 1 Core controller (or Triad) in the project allow multiple stream throughout the project even though this device does not provide the relevant number of physical connections into the environment?

I'm seeking this answer as well (which very well might lie in the myriad of threads here. We have an Apple Family plan, and I'd love to be able to do 3-4 simultaneous streams.

8 minutes ago, ILoveC4 said:

I'm seeking this answer as well (which very well might lie in the myriad of threads here. We have an Apple Family plan, and I'd love to be able to do 3-4 simultaneous streams.

Yes. You can. Ea h driver instance needs to be signed into a different apple id

You will add multiple instances of the Apple Music driver to your project, one for each family member on the shared account.
Each user logs into their instance of the driver.

As to hardware, no changes, you need one audio output for each stream into your matrix etc. Those outputs can be from any EA or Core hardware.

If you're all EA hardware, than the added Core processor is just doing the DRM authentication work.
It's the bouncer at the door checking IDs, go to the bar (other processors) for your drinks (streams). Each instance of the driver can get 1 drink (stream), so party of 4 (streams) needs 4 copies of the driver.

I have an EA5 for my director and will add a CORE1 for DRM function for Apple Music.

Anyone know the actual data path of the stream? Does it go from the Internet to EA to the Core to the destination, or possibly from Internet to core to destination?

9 hours ago, msgreenf said:

I found that an old hsim driver was causing issues for 1 customer 

Hi Mitch,

Do you remember if that was the deprecated HSIM driver from HouseLogix itself, or the more recent Snap One HSIM driver? I ask because I am running the Snap One HSIM driver, and I have not yet upgraded to 3.4.2.  

Thanks

7 minutes ago, DLite said:

Hi Mitch,

Do you remember if that was the deprecated HSIM driver from HouseLogix itself, or the more recent Snap One HSIM driver? I ask because I am running the Snap One HSIM driver, and I have not yet upgraded to 3.4.2.  

Thanks

It was a really really old version from 2015. Still houselogix. 

11 minutes ago, ekohn00 said:

I have an EA5 for my director and will add a CORE1 for DRM function for Apple Music.

Anyone know the actual data path of the stream? Does it go from the Internet to EA to the Core to the destination, or possibly from Internet to core to destination?

The core decrypts it and it is transitioned to the ea where it is output. 

2 minutes ago, msgreenf said:

The core decrypts it and it is transitioned to the ea where it is output. 

Does it start at the encrypted stream start at the EA, go to the Core, then back to the EA unencrypted?

I assume it’s the Job of the EA to then send it to it’s final endpoint/destination?

Just now, ekohn00 said:

Does it start at the encrypted stream start at the EA, go to the Core, then back to the EA unencrypted?

I assume it’s the Job of the EA to then send it to it’s final endpoint/destination?

Can't answer that level of detail. My understanding is the core is used to decrypt the stream and ea  for output 

I was thinking that the Halo/Core Lite bundle wouldn't be too bad because I wanted to maybe get a Halo remote anyway. But if someone adds a Core to their system, are they then also forced to switch to the new Connect plan or are they still grandfathered in to 4sight? I thought once you register a new controller you're forced to switch to Connect. That being the case, it makes the idea of adding a Core Lite for Apple Music less appealing. 

2 minutes ago, johnpg said:

I was thinking that the Halo/Core Lite bundle wouldn't be too bad because I wanted to maybe get a Halo remote anyway. But if someone adds a Core to their system, are they then also forced to switch to the new Connect plan or are they still grandfathered in to 4sight? I thought once you register a new controller you're forced to switch to Connect. That being the case, it makes the idea of adding a Core Lite for Apple Music less appealing. 

If you add a controller you are not forced to change. If you replace your director you are

41 minutes ago, msgreenf said:

If you add a controller you are not forced to change. If you replace your director you are

Thanks (to you and chopedogg88 too). That's good to know. 

3 hours ago, ekohn00 said:

This is overly simplified, but roughly :

• Apple Servers (APIs) -> C4 Cloud(OAuth) -> Primary Controller (Director) -> Core/SA-1 (DRM) -> Digital Audio Server/(s) (Core/SA/EA) -> Digital Audio Endpoint/(s) (Room/Speakers)

45 minutes ago, chopedogg88 said:

You can add a Core controller and stay on 4sight.  You only have to subscribe to Connect when creating a brand new Control4 account.

Ari, you and Mitch are almost saying the same or slightly different things....  Hoping you could clarify.

I have an EA5 running Director. Suppose 1 day I went to a CORE5 or moved my director to a CA10, or just a whole new controller ...  My understanding was I could stay with 4sight because it's an existing account?

thanks. 

2 minutes ago, Darin, PM C4 CX Platform said:

This is overly simplified, but roughly :

• Apple Servers (APIs) -> C4 Cloud(OAuth) -> Primary Controller (Director) -> Core/SA-1 (DRM) -> Digital Audio Server/(s) (Core/SA/EA) -> Digital Audio Endpoint (Room/Speakers)

Thanks Darin.

I assume since you listed API and OAuth, you're mixing the management plane, with the data plane. Or in this case probably listing them first.

7 minutes ago, ekohn00 said:

Thanks Darin.

I assume since you listed API and OAuth, you're mixing the management plane, with the data plane. Or in this case probably listing them first.

Yes just listing them before to simplify the flow to help answer your question, but not make it so complicated that it causes any major confusion. There are actually several additional points if you built out the flows accounting for both the full management plane and the full data/user planes. 

1 hour ago, ekohn00 said:

Ari, you and Mitch are almost saying the same or slightly different things....  Hoping you could clarify.

I have an EA5 running Director. Suppose 1 day I went to a CORE5 or moved my director to a CA10, or just a whole new controller ...  My understanding was I could stay with 4sight because it's an existing account?

thanks. 

Correct...that's the rules as of now (subject to change if Snap decides to of course).  I'm honestly surprised that they didn't just include Apple Music only with Connect, to try to get people to migrate from 4sight which is currently like half the price.

34 minutes ago, chopedogg88 said:

Correct...that's the rules as of now (subject to change if Snap decides to of course).  I'm honestly surprised that they didn't just include Apple Music only with Connect, to try to get people to migrate from 4sight which is currently like half the price.

Don't curse it please.  Thanks.

If you look at it this way, they forced me to get 4Sight just for the Apple Music.