C4 Forums | Control4

Apple Music Announced on Instagram

1 minute ago, zaphod said:

This forum has been pretty quiet over the last month or so but then this is released and we have a thread exploding.

As expected 

1 minute ago, zaphod said:

This forum has been pretty quiet over the last month or so but then this is released and we have a thread exploding.

This is a HUGELY requested and anticipated source. Haven't been this happy about a C4 feature in a few years.

Core Lites are only sold bundled with remotes-

Core Lite/Halo bundle - $1096.02 msrp

Core Lite/Halo Touch bundle - $1349.99 msrp

Core Lite/SR 260 w/charging cradle bundle - $849.99 msrp

CORE 1 - $908.43 msrp

9 hours ago, tmj4 said:

Now if I could only get audio to play from Apple Music once logging in...

Everything else seems to be working except for, you know, actually hearing the output.

Me too, even after controller reboot.  And I couldn't successfully authenticate from my mobile device...it got hung up on MFA.  Had to do it on a panel.

EDIT: by the time I got home after it sat a few hours, it was working.  Going to see if other family members have issues with MFA when their accounts get setup.

EDIT 2: My wife got the MFA prompt no problem using mobile app for initial login.  Maybe a temporary glitch.

And now is working again -- flaky stuff, this Apple Music integration is.

Also @Darin, PM C4 CX Platform is bitrate capped? I'm not seeing anything much more than basic AAC at 16/48 kHz with bitrates at most touch 300 kbps on songs I know can at least go 24/96 kHz and a few mbps.

34 minutes ago, tmj4 said:

Also also -- are podcasts still not integrated?

Apple keeps their Music, Podcasts, and Audio Books all in separate applications. I haven't been able to find any podcast on Apple Music, so if you know of some please let me know and I'll have the engineering team investigate further.

We are also unable to support lossless or spatial audio tracks right now since APIs aren't available, but once Apple extends those capabilities we will be integrating them.

iOS/iPadOS/MacOS have proprietary APIs/functionality that haven't been made available to us via public APIs, so a good guideline is if you can use it on https://music.apple.com/ then you should be able to do it with the Apple Music integration.

18 minutes ago, Darin, PM C4 CX Platform said:

We are also unable to support lossless or spatial audio tracks right now since APIs aren't available

Understood. May want to update documentation and KB pages in dealer forum then. Mentions both podcasts and higher bitrates than what is being offered. 

IMG_0801.jpeg

Good to see the Apple Music integration has finally happened. And thanks to this, I found out the Triad SA1 exists. 

Question: I'm on an all EA system with multiple Triad Ones--I assume the Triad SA1 is backwards compatible with the EAs and Triad Ones? The Snap site doesn't mention that, but I understand that those are discontinued devices so they don't really have a need to address that on the product page. 

10 hours ago, Darin, PM C4 CX Platform said:

This is a fully native integration, no Airplay or non-Control4 hardware required.  I've attached a couple screenshots as reference.

Screenshot 2024-07-09 092236.png

Screenshot 2024-07-09 092210.png

Screenshot 2024-07-09 092425.png

Very welcome addition! Great work to all the C4 team that made this happen!

Omg. First day in a while I didn’t check the forum all day to be lying in bed open up the forum and see this. Finally!

Getting tired of pandora asking me if I’m still listening and then random commercials, and the wife loves Apple Music so didn’t want to go subscribe to something else. Can’t wait to give this a shot. 

5 minutes ago, Topfox said:

Omg. First day in a while I didn’t check the forum all day to be lying in bed open up the forum and see this. Finally!

Getting tired of pandora asking me if I’m still listening and then random commercials, and the wife loves Apple Music so didn’t want to go subscribe to something else. Can’t wait to give this a shot. 

:( Requires 3.4.2....when I install 3.4.2 my system crashes every few hours.  Guess now I will need to get that issue figured out.

45 minutes ago, Topfox said:

:( Requires 3.4.2....when I install 3.4.2 my system crashes every few hours.  Guess now I will need to get that issue figured out.

Or wait for the next OS release. my guess is that this is only 8 weeks away…

Note: I have no inside knowledge.  This is simply a guess based on the CEDIA 2024 dates.

2 minutes ago, South Africa C4 user said:

Or wait for the next OS release. my guess is that this is only 8 weeks away…

Note: I have no inside knowledge.  This is simply a guess based on the CEDIA 2024 dates.

Already did the upgrade, so now it the waiting game to see what happens..lol.  Hopefully that maybe it was just a bad driver and its something that has updated since the original release of 3.4.2....fingers crossed!

2 hours ago, rea said:

Good to see the Apple Music integration has finally happened. And thanks to this, I found out the Triad SA1 exists. 

Question: I'm on an all EA system with multiple Triad Ones--I assume the Triad SA1 is backwards compatible with the EAs and Triad Ones? The Snap site doesn't mention that, but I understand that those are discontinued devices so they don't really have a need to address that on the product page. 

Yes. You can add an sa1 to that system 

1 hour ago, Topfox said:

What OS are you running now? There was some more security permissions added in 3.4.2 (which were removed from our drivers ages ago), but maybe thats causing issues

55 minutes ago, Andrew luecke said:

What OS are you running now? There was some more security permissions added in 3.4.2 (which were removed from our drivers ages ago), but maybe thats causing issues

I was running the OS version right before it. 3.4.1. I upgraded to 3.4.2 the week it came out and I was seeing Director crashes routinely after the upgrade. Would downgrade back to 3.4.1 and the crashes would stop. Tried it twice and then gave up and figured I’d wait till the next OS release. 

2 hours ago, Topfox said:

I was running the OS version right before it. 3.4.1. I upgraded to 3.4.2 the week it came out and I was seeing Director crashes routinely after the upgrade. Would downgrade back to 3.4.1 and the crashes would stop. Tried it twice and then gave up and figured I’d wait till the next OS release. 

I found that an old hsim driver was causing issues for 1 customer