C4 Forums | Control4

Composer Home Edition - How to get license?

I'm a fairly new C4 customer.  I worked with a C4 Platinum Dealer here in the DFW area of North Texas.  I did a fairly large multi-stage project to refresh our home's networking infrastructure, upgrading to an 8-zone Whole-Home audio system, refreshing our dedicated home theater (4K projector, 4 Atmos speakers, new AVR) and added some automation capabilities with a new Core 3 and Core Lite controllers.  Have a Halo Touch remote for the Theater and an SR260 for the downstairs family room where all of the Triad gear is for the whole-home audio system.

I have a new C4 Connect subscription on my account for access to the C4 mobile app.  Really enjoying the whole system and still learning more about this dealer driven ecosystem every day.  My question is about how to obtain a license for Composer Home Edition.  My integrator told me that the new When >>Then feature has taken the place of Composer Home Edition but that C4 may consider providing the HE license to Connect subscribers in the future.  I'm struggling with this answer as I see people in the C4 community (this forum, C4 Reddit, C4 DIY Discord and C4 Influencers on YT) using HE to do some pretty cool automations on their own systems.  I know that I need to engage my dealer to add/remove/change gear but am really interested in some of the automation features that HE provides.  

Am I missing something regarding how to get access to HE? 

Thanks. 

4 hours ago, Longhorn said:

I'm a fairly new C4 customer.  I worked with a C4 Platinum Dealer here in the DFW area of North Texas.  I did a fairly large multi-stage project to refresh our home's networking infrastructure, upgrading to an 8-zone Whole-Home audio system, refreshing our dedicated home theater (4K projector, 4 Atmos speakers, new AVR) and added some automation capabilities with a new Core 3 and Core Lite controllers.  Have a Halo Touch remote for the Theater and an SR260 for the downstairs family room where all of the Triad gear is for the whole-home audio system.

I have a new C4 Connect subscription on my account for access to the C4 mobile app.  Really enjoying the whole system and still learning more about this dealer driven ecosystem every day.  My question is about how to obtain a license for Composer Home Edition.  My integrator told me that the new When >>Then feature has taken the place of Composer Home Edition but that C4 may consider providing the HE license to Connect subscribers in the future.  I'm struggling with this answer as I see people in the C4 community (this forum, C4 Reddit, C4 DIY Discord and C4 Influencers on YT) using HE to do some pretty cool automations on their own systems.  I know that I need to engage my dealer to add/remove/change gear but am really interested in some of the automation features that HE provides.  

Am I missing something regarding how to get access to HE? 

Thanks. 

I could be wrong but I still think he can sell it to you.  He may not WANT to because he wants you to call him for changes for billable hours?

It used to come with a free year of 4sight when you purchased HE- with all the new plans not sure how it fits in anymore

@msgreenf,@chopedogg88 or @neil12011 may be able to help you 

Guess I just had assumed that the new Connect subscription would come with a license for Composer HE but when I log into my C4 customer account all I see under My Account/My System is a download link for Composer Media Edition.  Would be nice to understand if there are any plans to provide a license for HE with the Connect Subscription.  One of the first things I am interested in doing is playing around with bindings for specific keys on the Halo Touch remote.  Seems like the Back, Home and Menu buttons all do something different depending on which source I have active (Apple TV 4K, OPPO-203, etc).  Are there any good customer education sources for someone just getting started with HE?

Should I just ask my Integrator to sell me a HE license?  

30 minutes ago, Longhorn said:

Guess I just had assumed that the new Connect subscription would come with a license for Composer HE but when I log into my C4 customer account all I see under My Account/My System is a download link for Composer Media Edition.  Would be nice to understand if there are any plans to provide a license for HE with the Connect Subscription.  One of the first things I am interested in doing is playing around with bindings for specific keys on the Halo Touch remote.  Seems like the Back, Home and Menu buttons all do something different depending on which source I have active (Apple TV 4K, OPPO-203, etc).  Are there any good customer education sources for someone just getting started with HE?

Should I just ask my Integrator to sell me a HE license?  

Can’t find an OS3 one online but here is something older

https://www.control4.com/docs/product/composer-he/getting-started/latest//composer-he-getting-started-rev-s.pdf

Lots on Youtube

Matt Lowe has some training tutorials online for a paid subscription 1 forget his user name here. 

https://www.patreon.com/waltstv

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.