C4 Forums | Control4

Android: Roku controls do not display in app, works in iOS

I'm fairly new to Control4.  Using the Android app 324.21.0.6, Director version 3.3.0.628678-res.  When I use the Android app to power on my Roku TV, no controls for the Roku are displayed (see screenshot).  This works properly in iOS though on app version 324.21.0.2769 and used to work properly for me in Android, I don't believe I've changed anything that would impact this.  The same symptom is observed on the wall touchpanel  (I believe this runs Android as well?) . Would appreciate any suggestions.

1000003436.jpg

Hello, @Tony Quan! Welcome to Control4! I'm terribly sorry it's not working on Android for you! I just chatted with one of the Android developers and he confirmed that this bug hasn't been reported yet. He says he'll look into it, but he needs a controller snapshot. It's a zip file that contains the controller and touchscreen logs. It can be generated via Composer, if you're a dealer. If you're not a dealer, could you ask your dealer to provide the snapshot and email it to me? I'll PM you my email address.

24 minutes ago, ChrisHenderson said:

Hello, @Tony Quan! Welcome to Control4! I'm terribly sorry it's not working on Android for you! I just chatted with one of the Android developers and he confirmed that this bug hasn't been reported yet. He says he'll look into it, but he needs a controller snapshot. It's a zip file that contains the controller and touchscreen logs. It can be generated via Composer, if you're a dealer. If you're not a dealer, could you ask your dealer to provide the snapshot and email it to me? I'll PM you my email address.

I'm not a dealer, so I'll ask my dealer for this.

On 6/19/2024 at 11:44 AM, msgreenf said:

not an issue I can replicate on 5 Roku TVs

well, I can reproduce it always, so there must be some difference.  Will see what engineering comes up with.

@Tony Quan The Android team looked at the logs. They can't reproduce the issue, but they believe that your project may be missing a "refresh navigators." Every time a dealer makes a change, they're supposed to refresh navigators so that the changes will be fully applied. There's a way to do it via the mobile apps as well. Could you go to "Settings > Support > Support Settings > Sync Settings > Sync my system". They say that if you still have problems after that they can look into it more. Just let me know if that fixes it for you.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

@Tony Quan The Android team says that they didn't fix the issue yet. It could be a driver issue, or possibly simply the act of updating the app fixed it somehow? Either way, if you run into the problem again, feel free to reach out. It's hard to figure out why it broke if it's working again, but if it breaks again, we can take another look.

Thanks so much for your help! We try to resolve bugs as quickly as possible, but sometimes we have several bugs we're looking into at the same time. We really appreciate your helpfulness in fixing the bug for iOS!