C4 Forums | Control4

Samsung Terrace Replaced My Sunbrite

Topfox

Had a Sunbrite Veranda series tv for about 6 years mounted to a fireplace in a cover pavilion. Over the weekend notice something on the screen that I thought was water spots. Tried to scrub them off and it turns out whatever film the sunbrite TVs have on them was starting to delaminate and flaked off in an area around the size of a quarter. Although the TV still works fine, my OCD wouldn’t allow it. Decided to roll the dice on a 55in Samsung Terrace Partial Sun.

Wow!  This thing is so much better than that Sunbrite. Extremely bright, IP driver integration that doesn’t lose IP from a power outage. Glare resistance isn’t perfect but 100 times better viewing area when it comes to glare vs the Sunbrite. At first I was pissed this happened, but now I’m so happy it did. 

I also have a Seura outdoor tv as well, that I’m also liking this Samsung more than. Whenever this one dies looks like Samsimg will be the replacement. Just thought I’d share. 

The terrace has some great options as an outdoor tv. The cover panel was the biggest pain with the 80 screws to close it. Also built in hdbt is nice to limit the need for outdoor equipiment.

31 minutes ago, Matt Lowe said:

The terrace has some great options as an outdoor tv. The cover panel was the biggest pain with the 80 screws to close it. Also built in hdbt is nice to limit the need for outdoor equipiment.

True. lol. All the screws on the panel was probably the only bad part. It also surprising weighed more than the Sunbrite and the Seura. But man yeah it is nice. 

• 2 months later...