C4 Forums | Control4

Contemporary Faceplate Options

A couple of quick questions on availability:

1. Does the Auxiliary Keypad come in contemporary?
  2. Does C4 sell a face change kit for an Aux Keypad to go from traditional to contemporary?
  3. Since you need to go to a C4 decora cover when moving to Contemporay switches, what is the best decora face plate option folks have found trying to match electrical outlets to the look and feel of the C4 switches in the same field of view?

Huge thanks.

6 hours ago, ejn1 said:

Since you need to go to a C4 decora cover when moving to Contemporay switches, what is the best decora face plate option folks have found trying to match electrical outlets to the look and feel of the C4 switches in the same field of view?

Well, one of our clients replaced all his outlets with usb ones (that stick out more) and used the leviton decora plus faceplates

Any decora stuff will technically fit the contemporary buttons but it's ugly and the keypad sticks way out. I'd think if you want to use the decora faceplates, just stick with the standard buttons. 

Here is a pic of a decora switch next to a contemporary switch in the c4 faceplate that is 1 contemporary, 1 decora. You can get an idea of the size difference in the opening.

Bottom pic is same setup in a standard 2 decora lutron claro faceplate. 

20240610_180334.thumb.jpg.3a1c4cca6047f48c9f4ac16ba8c676cc.jpg

Screenshot_20240610_180823_Gallery.jpg

8 minutes ago, SpencerT said:

Any decora stuff will technically fit the contemporary buttons but it's ugly and the keypad sticks way out. I'd think if you want to use the decora faceplates, just stick with the standard buttons. 

Here is a pic of a decora switch next to a contemporary switch in the c4 faceplate that is 1 contemporary, 1 decora. You can get an idea of the size difference in the opening.

Bottom pic is same setup in a standard 2 decora lutron claro faceplate. 

20240610_180334.thumb.jpg.3a1c4cca6047f48c9f4ac16ba8c676cc.jpg

Screenshot_20240610_180823_Gallery.jpg

Huge thanks with the pics,  this really helps me visualize.  

2 hours ago, ejn1 said:

Huge thanks with the pics,  this really helps me visualize.  

Happy to help. Fwiw, we run the claro faceplates on floor height decora outlets and find that they match well. We have a mix of snow white and gloss white. 

Our countertop outlets that are closer to keypads are the legrand adorne stuff. It's not decora at all but we found the obvious size difference to be easier on the eyes than trying to get close with decora. 

4 hours ago, ejn1 said:

@Cyknight thanks, curious does leviton decora plus fit the contemporary switches?

Spencer mostly answerwed already, but yes sticking out, which is why client opted to change to the usb combo ones which also stuck out.

not my choice: I wouldn't use the 'contemporary' to begin with personally, but to each their own

7 minutes ago, Cyknight said:

Spencer mostly answerwed already, but yes sticking out, which is why client opted to change to the usb combo ones which also stuck out.

not my choice: I wouldn't use the 'contemporary' to begin with personally, but to each their own

Thanks.  Yeah his pics I think summed it up.  I think I’m in your camp that it may not be worth the change costs but they do have a good look if you have a 100% c4 implementation.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.