C4 Forums | Control4

New DS2 Driver and FW released

The new version of the driver seems to have a bug in my setup.  I cannot view the live camera in the iOS app.  It works fine on my T4s but in the iOS app I get the spinning circle of death when I choose the live view.  The snapshot / thumbnail works fine.  All other cameras are fine and the DS2 was fine before the driver and firmware update.

@ChrisHenderson

On a Call from iPhone to ds2 the Connection is working fine and i can hang up.

But on a Call from the ds2 to an iPhone, the Connection stays active. Even when i hang up with the red disconnect button from the app. Didnt check the t4s

On 6/7/2024 at 2:54 PM, South Africa C4 user said:

The new version of the driver seems to have a bug in my setup.  I cannot view the live camera in the iOS app.  It works fine on my T4s but in the iOS app I get the spinning circle of death when I choose the live view.  The snapshot / thumbnail works fine.  All other cameras are fine and the DS2 was fine before the driver and firmware update.

@ChrisHenderson

It seems to be working fine for me with the latest App Store version, 324.21.0. Could you reproduce the bug on iOS and then email me the logs? I'll PM you my email.

14 hours ago, ChrisHenderson said:

It seems to be working fine for me with the latest App Store version, 324.21.0. Could you reproduce the bug on iOS and then email me the logs? I'll PM you my email.

Thanks I will send tomorrow.  Interestingly, I have a DS2 mini working fine at one residence and this “bug” on a standard DS2 manifesting at the other residence (albeit, I haven’t tried it since Sunday…)

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/7/2024 at 4:54 PM, South Africa C4 user said:

@ChrisHenderson

I am having the exact same issue with my DS2 for what it is worth - exactly as you describe.  I upgraded the driver because I was wanting to utilize the new streaming audio feature that works with the HomeKit driver. Any help if you get it figured out would be appreciated. Thanks!

10 minutes ago, Atrunco said:

I am having the exact same issue with my DS2 for what it is worth - exactly as you describe.  I upgraded the driver because I was wanting to utilize the new streaming audio feature that works with the HomeKit driver. Any help if you get it figured out would be appreciated. Thanks!

I understand that a setting changed on my driver (presumably during the update).  I am out of the country at present so have not had the opportunity to change and test this.

FWIW, the problematic setting is apparently the “Use HTTPS” setting which should be set to false.

New DS2 firmware also broke my previously working system: EA3/T3 3.4.2, iOS 324.21.0 - all latest of this writing.

My findings are a bit different than already posted (with use HTTPS ON):

1. On T3 I get working live camera but NO snapshot

2. On iOS App (on home Wifi) I get working snapshot but NO live camera

With use HTTPS OFF:

1. On T3 I get working live camera but NO snapshot

2. On iOS App (on home Wifi) I get working live camera but NO snapshot (struck-out camera icon)

Intercom seems to work variably - sometimes it works normally, sometimes it wont answer, sometimes it wont answer and also wont hang up a call

Oh and to make it that bit harder to figure out - use HTTPS gets automatically toggled back on at some point every time (after 5+ min or so).

On 6/22/2024 at 12:21 PM, cwilmo said:

Oh and to make it that bit harder to figure out - use HTTPS gets automatically toggled back on at some point every time (after 5+ min or so).

I thought I was going crazy!  Glad I’m not the only one watching Https turn right back to checked right after I unchecked it!

Upon further inspection, we found that there were two bugs in the iOS app that broke DS2 playback.

Bug #1: The iOS app treated the "Use HTTPS" checkbox in Composer differently than Android. On Android, checking that box enables HTTPS. On iOS, it enables HTTPS and RTSPS. The DS2 does not support RTSPS, however. I fixed this bug yesterday, making that checkbox only enable HTTPS.

Bug #2: We updated a library that we use for RTSP that broke DS2 playback. That update hasn't made it's way to the App Store yet, so we're going to revert that change and fix it before it goes public. (This is why we have a 2 week testing period before releasing apps on the App Store.)

We are expediting both of these fixes and they should be available on the App Store in a week.

It sounds like they're having other issues with this new DS2 driver and firmware related to Intercom as well that are not related to these iOS bugs I just mentioned.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.