C4 Forums | Control4

Ecobee Mode Syncing via C4

indecision

Question

One of my favorite Ecobee features was that you used to be able to sync the mode between all thermostats in a home (turn one to cool, heat, off, etc and the others would track and do the same).  It was great for this time of year when temperatures fluctuate and you may want to turn off the heat or AC and open windows.  Turning off one would turn off all of the others.  I think that I remember that a few of you recreated this feature using C4 programming.  I setup some programming to do this a few months ago but it has not been very consistent.  Would someone that has it working well mind sharing their programming?  I am hoping to clean this up a bit and get it working better. 

Thank you!

6 answers to this question

On 5/30/2024 at 3:09 AM, msgreenf said:

You can still do this natively in ecobee 

Really?  I will look at the site again.   They took away the grouping feature a while ago.   I contacted tech support about it this week and they said they hope to add the feature back at some point in the future but don’t have a timeline right now.

Any thoughts on programming this.   Currently here is what I have in place.  

http://content.invisioncic.com/r242699/monthly_2024_06/image.thumb.png.fc265688f23101731fe95c0ec19ef932.png

What is the event that triggers this? You might want to use each thermostat as an event to control the rest..

When kitchen turns off, set a, b, c to off

Etc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I should have been a little more descriptive, but that is what I’m doing. The trigger for each thermostat is “when the HVAC mode changes“ then it is supposed to execute these commands. It’s still very inconsistent so I would love to find another way. I really just wish Ecobee would bring it back on their side.

many thanks for the response and taking a look at it.