C4 Forums | Control4

T4 Touchscreen question...

Quick question pls... The Control4 T4 inwall touchscreen listed as the POE version (C4-T4IW8-xx) , does this mean it can be connected via POE or AC or only POE?   Thanks!  

Just now, msgreenf said:

POE only. If you need AC and POE you need the other model

Thanks!,  can i just power it by POE and wirelessly connect or do i need to have data and power over a single ethernet cable?  

Just now, ejn1 said:

Thanks!,  can i just power it by POE and wirelessly connect or do i need to have data and power over a single ethernet cable?  

You can power via POE adapter and use Wifi

45 minutes ago, chopedogg88 said:

what Mitch said.  also worth noting, is that the only difference is the mid/power box/magnet plate part that comes with it...and worst case you can order just an AC box if you need to adjust the plan.

Thanks @chopedogg88  I have an AC T3 backbox now....  Is there any way to modify the POE version of the T4 to work with that box or is installing the POE injector the best route?

18 hours ago, Cyknight said:

The screens are identical and don't care what mid box is used - you just need the right mid box.

Curious, does C4 sell the AC mid box separately?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.