C4 Forums | Control4

pentiar intellitouch

brian-aione

Question

5 answers to this question

There are 3 or 4 IntelliTouch drivers out there. I think I have tried all of them.

The only one that I would recommend is the bNet Solutions driver.  It is (in my view) the best pool driver out there and has better (more complete)  integration than any other pool driver I have seen and I have seen many Pentair and other pools connected to Control4.

It is also the only IntelliTouch driver that I have seen which 100% reliably gives 2 way control to the various Pentair circuits etc.

2 hours ago, ekohn00 said:

If your system is old, it might be worth the IntelliCenter upgrade.

you not only get a better connection with C4, but the Pentair Home app is very useful.

Interesting comment.  I have an IntelliCenter at one home and an IntelliTouch at the other.  The C4 integration is slightly better on the IntelliTouch (older system).  

The Pentair Home App is better than the ScreenLogic App but not that much better unless you have a really large system (more than 8 pumps or a need for more than 10 features that are not physical circuits).

22 hours ago, South Africa C4 user said:

Interesting comment.  I have an IntelliCenter at one home and an IntelliTouch at the other.  The C4 integration is slightly better on the IntelliTouch (older system).  

The Pentair Home App is better than the ScreenLogic App but not that much better unless you have a really large system (more than 8 pumps or a need for more than 10 features that are not physical circuits).

The intellitouch was a bitch to wire, to many protocol adapters an expensive device to connect the controller to C4, but the IntelliCenter has wifi directed from the box - much easier if you ask me, especially if you never ran cables from the controller for network connectivity.

I don't have a very large system, but I do like the Home App vs the ScreenLogic App. It seems more intuitive for simple tasks like turning on the pool lights and changing their colors.

On 4/25/2024 at 8:09 AM, South Africa C4 user said:

I too have both. I’m not a fan of the ScreenLogic app. I don’t have Control4 in that home though, so I can’t speak to the  integration. I like the Intellicenter integration, but I pretty much only use it to see the pool temp and sometimes turn some features off. Most the time I use the Pentair app directly. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.