C4 Forums | Control4

How to create a a different schedule for same light and motion sensor

i am wanting to create a a schedule where a light will turn on and off from 45min before sunset to 1 hour after sunset at a certain level

Then from 1 hour after sunset to 45 after sunrise i would like that same light to turn on and off at a different level

Both scenarios use the same motion sensor

I have played around however i may be overthinking it 

any thoughts please

Actually, with the Advanced Lighting Timer, you can do this with one Light On Level specification: D+45=0%,N-45=50%,N+60=95%

When using D/N ((Daytime and Nighttime) in the specification, view this as a continuous circular specification.  From 45 minutes after sunrise (D+45), the light will not come on (0%).  From 45 minutes before sunset (N-45) to 60 minutes after sunset (N+60), the light will come on at 50% (or whatever you want).  From 60 minutes after sunset, the light will come on at 95% until the next time specified in a circular way, which is D+45 (45 minutes after sunrise).  Using 95% instead of 100% is barely noticeable, but it allows the user to override the timer by turning the light ON manually, which is usually 100%.

Paul

12 hours ago, pbir said:

Actually, with the Advanced Lighting Timer, you can do this with one Light On Level specification: D+45=0%,N-45=50%,N+60=95%

When using D/N ((Daytime and Nighttime) in the specification, view this as a continuous circular specification.  From 45 minutes after sunrise (D+45), the light will not come on (0%).  From 45 minutes before sunset (N-45) to 60 minutes after sunset (N+60), the light will come on at 50% (or whatever you want).  From 60 minutes after sunset, the light will come on at 95% until the next time specified in a circular way, which is D+45 (45 minutes after sunrise).  Using 95% instead of 100% is barely noticeable, but it allows the user to override the timer by turning the light ON manually, which is usually 100%.

Paul

I was reading the documentation and now with this it makes loads more sense, thank you Paul and MSgreenf, appreciate it thank you gents

11 hours ago, pbir said:

Paul

Hi Paul, i would like to check if i understand the advanced lighting scenes, if i wanted to activate scenes at the different times would it then look like this? Assuming you had two advanced lighting scenes on A and B 

D+45=0%,N-45=A,N+60=B

1 hour ago, Mike_S101 said:

Hi Paul, i would like to check if i understand the advanced lighting scenes, if i wanted to activate scenes at the different times would it then look like this? Assuming you had two advanced lighting scenes on A and B 

D+45=0%,N-45=A,N+60=B

Yes, exactly.  There is an Action 'Print Simulation Report' which summarizes what will happen at various times during the day.

20 minutes ago, pbir said:

Yes, exactly.  There is an Action 'Print Simulation Report' which summarizes what will happen at various times during the day.

it says 0% in the print report however would the light levels in the advanced lighting scene then take precedence and the light would then turn on at the relevant scene level

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.