C4 Forums | Control4

Customization Help and Question

So I have a Neeo remote and I use a Ipad and my question is this.

I setup a custom Menu for my JVC so that I can select the different lens memory however it adds it to the Home screen and not under the "Watch' activity.  I am wanting to setup a generic remote driver and map the buttons from the JVC that will allow me to pull up the JVC menu and navigate it using a D-Pad and I want to do the same for my Receiver.   Is this possible and is there anyway to get these under the "Watch" activity?   What would be really cool is to put a short on the activity that I select that I can name JVC or Sony and it pull up another page for that device and the controls for that device.  I had this in my RTI system but the physical remotes are so big and awful and this is why I swtiched to C4.

I hope this makes sense and someone can give me some good ideas on a setup for this.

Thanks,

AH

This idea may or may not help. When I first had my C4 system set up, I wanted full access to the menus on my JVC projector. The dealer set up an entirely separate room for JVC controls, so that I would just switch to that “room” and be able to make changes in the JVC menu. However, I never ended up using it, so I eventually hid the room. But it is an option.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You can have the projector and receiver drivers be unhidden so they show in the Watch menu.

Selecting them will then allow you to issue their menu commands and navigate them, then remember to close their menus, and re-select your active source.
Dealers customarily hide them as most users would only end up screwing up settings.

I have the drivers unhidden now but the Sony driver shows up under the watch activity but the Sony driver doesn't show a remote as you can seen in the attachment and the JVC opens a remote but non of the buttons do anything for the JVC.   Since it is IP control I can't seem to figure out a way to fix the buttons.

sony.jpeg

JVC.jpeg

43 minutes ago, BY96 said:

This idea may or may not help. When I first had my C4 system set up, I wanted full access to the menus on my JVC projector. The dealer set up an entirely separate room for JVC controls, so that I would just switch to that “room” and be able to make changes in the JVC menu. However, I never ended up using it, so I eventually hid the room. But it is an option.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So the problem with this is I haven't found a driver for the JVC RS1100 that the remote actually controls the JVC via IP.   I am constantly in my JVC at the beginning of movies to enable masking or adjusting masking, switching modes and color profiles to get the best picture I can during the movie.   Just last night I sit with the Neeo in one hand and my JVC remote in the other LOL.  I just want to find a way to put all my remotes in a draw and only use C4.   Before my Harmony died it had the ability to program short press and long press functions on all buttons and I had it setup there.

It should be controllable via IP using the standard driver, I've done it many times.  If you need assistance from an experienced dealer/programmer, feel free to PM me or email me at ari@epic-systems.com.  

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.