C4 Forums | Control4

Halo 1.7 Firmware

23 hours ago, Time2Jet said:

That depends. Could be more in store for voice control via the Halo. The Neeo is dead in terms of having met its potential. I loved it other than I tended to bump the screen buttons too often. Lots of people still swear by it, but it’s at its potential. But the SR series has been for years and it’s still the go to for probably 30% of users.

I’ll start a debate here. What percentage of users are using which platform remote. Here’s my guess:

30% SR Series
30 % Neeo
30% Halo Series
10% App/OSD or Touchscreen Only

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think you're WAAAAAAAAAY ot of whack on that one.

I'd say 80% SR or mix of SR and other remotes

5% Neeo

5% Halo

10% Phones

7 hours ago, Alt said:

Don't get me wrong I wanted to love the Halos, but as the main device a customer uses to have so many issues out of the gate (they been out over a year now... add up all the release notes since then and well...) you can see why we stoped selling them on +90% of our projects after our first 2 installs last year and haven't looked back! The SR260 just works! and in this business thats what counts.   jm2c

I disagree that it's had 'so many issues'. It's not been as robust outside of a made for purpose network setup. That's not a good thing either, mind you.

I do agree that 'just works' ends up what the end-user wants.

7 hours ago, Alt said:

I total agree! When I unboxed the first one I was shocked at the size, reminded me of a 90's Zack Morris phone🤣

Funny considering the SR260 is bigger....and you say you sell so many of those.

I should note that we don't do a lot of Halo remotes - simply because the client doesn't want to pay a new phone price for a remote. Our sales guys try to sell the heck out of them, but THAT is it's biggest downfall.

I've told C4 this at the time as well:

The Halo Tactile should not cost (considerably) more than the SR260 (with cradle), and the touch should cost less than but at worst the same at the Neeo (Which was overpriced to begin with) - essentially the Touch should be at a price that the Tactile is at now. And if that price in unreasonable because of how much it costs to make (and develop and...) - than it's not worth it.

Yes, the touch especially is a nice upscale remote for a Theatre, but if you have a larger C4 setup, it's simply nicer to have the same remote everywhere (because ...well that's half the point of doing it - to make everything work the same) . And if you wanted upscale.... get a tabletop TS if you're spending money on it.

23 minutes ago, Cyknight said:

Funny considering the SR260 is bigger....and you say you sell so many of those.

SR260 bigger then the Halo(non touch) I don't think so...😂

40 minutes ago, Alt said:

SR260 bigger then the Halo(non touch) I don't think so...😂

2024-05-1419_04_11.thumb.jpg.d866a5064d70355b7b5f7917d221dc9f.jpg2024-05-1419_04_49.thumb.jpg.6327c71dd543d742c6d71c8e257ef9ad.jpg

1/2 inch shorter, almost twice as thick.

You may not think the SR260 is bigger - I'll keep on 'thinking' it is.🤷‍♂️

Bad pun: She will agree.....😜

• 2 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.