C4 Forums | Control4

Intrinsic Dev and myQ announce official partnership

2 minutes ago, chopedogg88 said:

So this driver still can't be added to new projects at this point, correct?  I just tried adding it to a project running 3.4.1 and it gives me the error in Composer.

Control4 has blocked it 

3 hours ago, chopedogg88 said:

So this driver still can't be added to new projects at this point, correct?  I just tried adding it to a project running 3.4.1 and it gives me the error in Composer.

It’s still officially blocked, but someone on this forum modified the driver properties changing the name and that got around C4 blocking mechanism. Combo of that modified driver and then the license from the company works without issue. 

• 3 weeks later...

@IntrinsicGroup have you guys thought about a second confirmation to open the doors. Like you have to double tap the button or click through an ok I really meant to open the door. 

Driver has been working great, but I do notice sometimes I accidentally open the door when just scrolling through navigator on a touch screen

On 4/27/2024 at 3:45 PM, Topfox said:

@IntrinsicGroup have you guys thought about a second confirmation to open the doors. Like you have to double tap the button or click through an ok I really meant to open the door. 

Driver has been working great, but I do notice sometimes I accidentally open the door when just scrolling through navigator on a touch screen

It's not something we've been asked for previously, or added to any other GDO drivers. I'll pass your feedback onto the team though, if we get asked for features from multiple dealers we can look to get them added to a later release.

Is it still blocked? I heard that someone on the Facebook group said that it’s no longer blocked and I don’t see anything about it on the purchase page for the driver (although I’m not sure if anything was ever there). 

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
1 hour ago, anon2828 said:

Does this work or no?  MyQ has Control4 listed on their site now:

https://www.myq.com/works-with-myq

It’s always worked. Just C4 is blocking the installation. With that said someone posted a copy of the driver with some naming edits I believe that gets around the blocking mechanism and the license can still be purchased from Intrinsic. 

14 hours ago, Topfox said:

It’s always worked. Just C4 is blocking the installation. With that said someone posted a copy of the driver with some naming edits I believe that gets around the blocking mechanism and the license can still be purchased from Intrinsic. 

So strange (or not).  We start with having a Control4 driver, then MyQ (Chamberlain) being a a royal PITA and not allowing integration.  Then we get Intrinsic coming to the rescue from across the pond to create an official integration...to only then have Control4 block it?!!  All while MyQ/Chamberlain advertises an official (from their perspective) Control4 integration on their website and Intrinsic advertising and selling their driver.  WTAF?

5 hours ago, anon2828 said:

So strange (or not).  We start with having a Control4 driver, then MyQ (Chamberlain) being a a royal PITA and not allowing integration.  Then we get Intrinsic coming to the rescue from across the pond to create an official integration...to only then have Control4 block it?!!  All while MyQ/Chamberlain advertises an official (from their perspective) Control4 integration on their website and Intrinsic advertising and selling their driver.  WTAF?

Yeah I dunno. The driver works great though. I have it in my system. 

15 hours ago, anon2828 said:

We have an official, legal contract to provide the integration for Chamberlain/myQ for Control4, and other platforms. All previous integrations (and any using third party devices) were all unofficial, whereas our agreement with Chamberlain is official and provides them with a one-off licensing fee for use of their cloud. We're not aware of anyone having issues installing the driver, which is available on our website, we also offer a free demo to dealers so you can try it out free of charge to see what you think before recommending to clients.

3 minutes ago, chopedogg88 said:

Oh, has Control4 removed the block? 

We've had no correspondence from them regarding it so know no more than anyone else. We have hundreds of installations of the driver and nobody has had issues to our knowledge (as they'd be refunded immediately). 

As mentioned above we have had nobody so far tell us they haven't been able to add the driver. If that was the case we would have refunded them immediately. We have successful activations going through every day and people are using the driver without any issues. I can see you have a license for the driver, if you've had an issue with it please submit a support request on our website and we'll get it resolved for you. According to our license server the driver has checked in today. 

As mentioned above the driver is able to added to composer, we have people doing this every day. The driver you have purchased is saying it is active in our license server, it only reports this once it is added into composer, and it is reporting as active as recently as today. The one I'm looking at was purchased in February, so it will be an older version of the driver. You can always download the latest version by clicking the dark grey Download button on the driver page on our website. If you are having issues with this license or a different one please submit a support request on our website at www.intrinsicdev.com/support. We are unable to provide effective support via Forums as our support team don't have access to it. Please note the myQ driver doesn't offer a trial period so if you're trying to use the driver without a license it won't work.

You apparently don't want to listen and are focused on the driver that I installed when I was a beta tester for your driver. What I'm telling you (and I'm sure you are well aware but don't for some reason want to acknowledge), is that Composer 3.4.2 blocks adding this driver to any system. Thus I cannot sell the driver to my clients. Perhaps it still works when adding using older versions of composer.  I'm trying to help you sell your driver but you are treating me as if I'm an end user who knows nothing about Control4.

Or you consider me a nobody, since you are saying nobody is telling you it doesn't work.  Even though I beta tested this driver and sold many licenses of your Apple TV driver, which ceased functioning and none of my clients who bought that driver ever received a refund of any kind despite multiple emails to your support.