C4 Forums | Control4

BlueOS had finally added Pandora!

Amr

4 hours ago, Amr said:

BlueOS 4.2 had finally added Pandora and Presto Music to their line up of music services! I had been waiting for this for years …

right... but what about Apple Music ? 🤣

I see a complaint almost every few weeks on their forum about not having apple music, a bit like the C4 complaints.

We cant use Pandora here (And I don't see any reason to permanently have a VPN to USA going just so I can use it) and I have never even heard of Presto.

11 hours ago, Leighm0 said:

right... but what about Apple Music ? 🤣

I see a complaint almost every few weeks on their forum about not having apple music, a bit like the C4 complaints.

We cant use Pandora here (And I don't see any reason to permanently have a VPN to USA going just so I can use it) and I have never even heard of Presto.

BlueOS, like almost everyone else including C4, does Apple music via an Airplay connection. 

2 hours ago, msgreenf said:

And this is where everyone is different. Most people could careless about Pandora 

well I like Pandora because I am lazy and its been running for a decade in my house.  That said, it comes free already with C4, so unless BlueOS is sending the band live to my house to perform, I'll take the free C4 integration (that has been around for years already)

7 hours ago, msgreenf said:

And this is where everyone is different. Most people could careless about Pandora 

Well, I don’t care what most people want. Pandora lovers will praise this, haters will say we need something else 😂😂

54 minutes ago, Cyknight said:

About Pandora - and unless end user is all-a-go with using VPN etc, Pandora is US only.

That means what? 

53 minutes ago, msgreenf said:

And the free version has ads….so I don’t see a lot of people using it…and limited skips…

I am confused. I am not sure what you see but Pandora always being free and always compatible, it’s been a staple in most smart homes for a long time and widely used by most people I know in general..because again its free.  Either way you are giving an opinion, Pandora is one of the most popular services in the US by statistics. 

55 minutes ago, Cyknight said:

About Pandora - and unless end user is all-a-go with using VPN etc, Pandora is US only.

Again there is no need to use VPN to get Pandora working, anyways, I had been using Pandora for years till new competitors arrived, most of the time I play Dezzer Flow, my local playlists, some Tidal as well

5 hours ago, Amr said:

Again there is no need to use VPN to get Pandora working, anyways, I had been using Pandora for years till new competitors arrived, most of the time I play Dezzer Flow, my local playlists, some Tidal as well

There is internationally.. It won't work in Countries such as here in Australia

8 hours ago, Control4Savant said:

That means what?

Meaning we aren't talking about free music, we're talking about PANDORA music. Free, premium or whatever...and it's only available in the US (officially). So few people will care about Pandora on the grand scale of things.

Not that I have an issue with BlueSound adding it, why would I - but guess what, not in the US so...don't care either.

10 hours ago, Cyknight said:

Meaning we aren't talking about free music, we're talking about PANDORA music. Free, premium or whatever...and it's only available in the US (officially). So few people will care about Pandora on the grand scale of things.

Not that I have an issue with BlueSound adding it, why would I - but guess what, not in the US so...don't care either.

Wut?

I really have even less idea on your point. Over 40m people use Pandora free (ad revenue driven) service…

On 11/11/2023 at 2:46 AM, Andrew luecke said:

There is internationally.. It won't work in Countries such as here in Australia

Use a smartDNS service to get Pandora and some other geolocked contents, it’s straight forward and extremely easy to setup

3 hours ago, Amr said:

Use a smartDNS service to get Pandora and some other geolocked contents, it’s straight forward and extremely easy to setup

And illegal.

On 11/11/2023 at 6:44 AM, Control4Savant said:

Wut?

I really have even less idea on your point. Over 40m people use Pandora free (ad revenue driven) service…

Yeah I guess it's over your head.

7 hours ago, Amr said:

The big issue with a lot of these DNS services is that they can redirect any site, which is why I don't use them (or any other VPN services anymore). Its actually a security risk (effectively a MITM attack).

I've actually got a lot of other services anyway to use tbh. So these days, I don't bother with the effort of VPN's

4 hours ago, Andrew luecke said:

The big issue with a lot of these DNS services is that they can redirect any site, which is why I don't use them (or any other VPN services anymore). Its actually a security risk (effectively a MITM attack).

I've actually got a lot of other services anyway to use tbh. So these days, I don't bother with the effort of VPN's

This is an interesting take of MITM attacks. Technically MITM would sit between the user and the DNS to intercept and redirect. By using a Smart DNS, you ASSUME they a legit and not doing illegal redirects.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.