C4 Forums | Control4

Integrating Control4 Chime with Homekit

Has anyone had any luck integrating their Chime with HomeKit?  I can get the RTSP stream to display in HomeKit, but I'd really like to get the button presses on the chime to register as well.  I have a homebridge server running on a RASP PI, in which there is a plugin for Video Doorbell.   There is an HTTP Port which is used for "listening" but I'm unsure what to put there.  nothing appears to work from what I've been trying.   I already have the majority of my control4 devices integrated into HomeKit with the Siri Voice Module from DriverCentral which works great, however, the doorbell integration was missing.   

Thoughts?

Not sure what your use case is, but you could create a (dummy) Programmable Switch in the DTI Siri driver, then "press" the (fake) buttons via programming off of the Chime button pressed event.  On the HomeKit side, you can program off the (dummy) Programmable Switch events.   I don't use cameras in Homekit, but I assume you can make it pop up live streams on your iPhone programatically.   Similarly, you could "press" another fake button on Chime motion events and have Homekit do something.

I do a similar thing to expose motion events from third party cameras to Control4, but it reverse.  My NVR (SecuritySpy) can fire off HomeKit events on, for example, human motion.  In Homekit, I program off those events to "relay" these events via fake devices created in Control4 Siri Driver (they show up on both the C4 and Homekit side), which I program off of on C4 side.

Not sure if that helps.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.