C4 Forums | Control4

DS2 Doorbell Station - Recording Feature?

ajd123

32 minutes ago, Matt Lowe said:

if the nvr supports it you can use the rtsp stream from the ds2 and record that.

I can already view the Camera within the HikVision app, but the NVR does not record anything.  Perhaps it is just a setting I need to turn on.  Anyone know how to do this?

2 hours ago, ajd123 said:

I can already view the Camera within the HikVision app, but the NVR does not record anything.  Perhaps it is just a setting I need to turn on.  Anyone know how to do this?

But are you seeing the DS2 in the app because you added it in their as a rtsp camera, or are you viewing it as one of the cameras on the NVR...

If the former, we;ll go back to what he said, you need to add the camera to the HIKvision as an rtsp camera (make sure the DS2 has a static or assigned IP) - if it IS through the NVR already, then it's likely set to record on motion anly, and that likely won't fly with the DS2, you'll need to do continuous or continuous+motion

12 hours ago, Cyknight said:

But are you seeing the DS2 in the app because you added it in their as a rtsp camera, or are you viewing it as one of the cameras on the NVR...

If the former, we;ll go back to what he said, you need to add the camera to the HIKvision as an rtsp camera (make sure the DS2 has a static or assigned IP) - if it IS through the NVR already, then it's likely set to record on motion anly, and that likely won't fly with the DS2, you'll need to do continuous or continuous+motion

I added the DS2 doorbell camera to the HikVision NVR via both ONVIF & RTSP.  When in the HikVision settings under EVENNT --> BASIC EVENT it lets me select "enable Motion Detection" but will not let me save the settings on either protocol (ONVIF/RTSP). Am I doing something wrong or do some protocols just now allow for that functionality?

Front Door DS2 Motion.jpg

Yes, set motio detection to not be enabled - it will not work with the DS2.

Under the storage, schedule, you'l lhave to set the schedule for the DS2 to continuous (or continuous plus motion - it DOES seem to capture at least high movement for event tagging that way)

3 hours ago, Cyknight said:

Yes, set motio detection to not be enabled - it will not work with the DS2.

Under the storage, schedule, you'l lhave to set the schedule for the DS2 to continuous (or continuous plus motion - it DOES seem to capture at least high movement for event tagging that way)

Thanks, this seemed to work.  Interestingly enough, the continuous record feature seems to work for both the RTSP & ONVIF protocols.  Which protocol offers the superior image / picture quality?

• 3 months later...
On 3/17/2023 at 7:40 PM, ajd123 said:

Thanks, this seemed to work.  Interestingly enough, the continuous record feature seems to work for both the RTSP & ONVIF protocols.  Which protocol offers the superior image / picture quality?

Look like the Update to DS2 has broken the ONVIF connection to our Hikvision NVR 

Can you please share you got the RTSP working - Having no luck at the moment 

Cheers

3 hours ago, Gary Leeds UK said:

Look like the Update to DS2 has broken the ONVIF connection to our Hikvision NVR 

Can you please share you got the RTSP working - Having no luck at the moment 

Cheers

As it states in the driver documentation, 2N changed their ONVIF configuration, and the current configuration on the DS2 if you were using ONVIF previously is incompatible.

You need to factory reset your DS2 and reconfigure using the latest driver and the DS2 web configuration.

RyanE

53 minutes ago, RyanE said:

As it states in the driver documentation, 2N changed their ONVIF configuration, and the current configuration on the DS2 if you were using ONVIF previously is incompatible.

You need to factory reset your DS2 and reconfigure using the latest driver and the DS2 web configuration.

RyanE

Can we do this in HE and will it change the user name and password ?

2 hours ago, Gary Leeds UK said:

Can we do this in HE and will it change the user name and password ?

You could certainly try.  I haven't tried it in HE, the username and password are reset back to defaults, and you may have to set the HTTP access settings on the DS2, and it will set the password on the first login of the DS2 after factory reset.

You can follow the setup instructions in the documentation, although it's possible some of the setup instructions are links to knowledgebase articles, which you would not have access to.

RyanE

13 hours ago, RyanE said:

You could certainly try.  I haven't tried it in HE, the username and password are reset back to defaults, and you may have to set the HTTP access settings on the DS2, and it will set the password on the first login of the DS2 after factory reset.

You can follow the setup instructions in the documentation, although it's possible some of the setup instructions are links to knowledgebase articles, which you would not have access to.

RyanE

Ryan, we can Factory reset in HE however concerned about what is the default Password and all the links under 6.5 in the documentation take you the dealer site - Login required 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.