C4 Forums | Control4

programming Halo custom button to bring up lighting scenes

7 hours ago, paulromi said:

Is this possible?

Yes. You can label each button in the Halo driver properties.  Then use room level programming to execute an -activate lighting scene- command.  

If you want to have  a single button turn on and off a lighting scene, you can program the button to toggle a variable, the program the lighting scene to -activate on if toggle is true-  activate off is toggle is false-

5 hours ago, Double D said:

Yes. You can label each button in the Halo driver properties.  Then use room level programming to execute an -activate lighting scene- command.  

If you want to have  a single button turn on and off a lighting scene, you can program the button to toggle a variable, the program the lighting scene to -activate on if toggle is true-  activate off is toggle is false-

I was thinking a single custom to bring up a list of my lighting scenes so I could scroll and select. Similar behaviour as the watch button brings up your watch activities.  

44 minutes ago, paulromi said:

I was thinking a single custom to bring up a list of my lighting scenes so I could scroll and select. Similar behaviour as the watch button brings up your watch activities.  

Not possible 

48 minutes ago, paulromi said:

Awe. Too bad.   Thanks for the answer. 

Does the Halo (or Halo Touch when it comes) work with webview drivers? If so, you could use the (really cool) custom info display driver by Barbini (available on Driver Central).  You would be limited to 6 lighting scenes unless you wanted to use some form of page flipping.

2 minutes ago, South Africa C4 user said:

Does the Halo (or Halo Touch when it comes) work with webview drivers? If so, you could use the (really cool) custom info display driver by Barbini (available on Driver Central).  You would be limited to 6 lighting scenes unless you wanted to use some form of page flipping.

There is almost no possibility of the Halo Touch working with webview drivers.

In order to 'work with' webview drivers, a full web browser would have to be included in the remote's firmware.

That's extremely unlikely.  I don't say impossible, because I'm not on the team that's working on the remote, but it doesn't run Android, and adding a browser to a small OS device is problematic.

RyanE

7 minutes ago, RyanE said:

There is almost no possibility of the Halo Touch working with webview drivers.

In order to 'work with' webview drivers, a full web browser would have to be included in the remote's firmware.

That's extremely unlikely.  I don't say impossible, because I'm not on the team that's working on the remote, but it doesn't run Android, and adding a browser to a small OS device is problematic.

RyanE

Pity! But I did suspected that would be the case (and it does make sense given it does not run Android).

Maybe a workaround? I have scene button programmed that "arrive" executes most of my daytime/evening scenes. one button/kp button (based on time of day) changes scenes ie. Morning, home, evening.  Good night is only activated via button press in the bedroom which starts the next days process again so long as Im home via geofence

hope this helps

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.