C4 Forums | Control4

Best Locks for C4

9 hours ago, ceefour321 said:

@eggzlot so when using smart key deadbolt, do you also have a separate kwikset lock on the door that integrates with C4?

.....or this type of setup, you just have a smartkey deadbolt and no other C4 lock on the door.

yeah as others said, you are confusing some stuff

Kwisket sells smart and dumb locks.  by smart and dumb I mean the ability to use a code to open the door without a key

Kwisket also has something called "smart key" where  they allow you to buy a bunch of kwikset locks and "re key" them so 1 physical key will work on all the locks.  door lock, dead bolt, etc.  this is manually using a key.  some of the smart and dumb locks (with or without entry code keypads) have this "smart key" ability

this is all "smart key" is - nothing to do with "tech" or automation

https://www.kwikset.com/smartkey-security

• 4 months later...

Installed the kwikset smartlock 916 zigbee, can’t identify it in composer. I bought it from HomeDepo it was two times cheaper than from SnapOne… somebody mentioned that it requires special zigbee card? Does anyone have it for sale or the only option to return it? Thank you all so much for your help in advance.

23 hours ago, Shoe said:

This is not my account and I cannot vouch for them etc etc.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/294772438017

95% sure I purchased that item and it worked

I had some older kwikset locks I purchased thru C4 and they had red cards, but they were also on a very old firmware and couldn't be updated anymore.  The yellow one allowed for me to go from like 1.x to 3.x or something, its been 18 months so I forget all the small details but later today I can try to go back and look in the lock itself and/or emails between me and my integrator.

21 hours ago, Bullseye said:

Maybe I am wrong, but all my c4 lock cards are red.  The regular zigbee are in fact yellow

The first ones that came out were red.  They haven't been red for MANY years now.  The difference between a standard zigbee card and a C4 zigbee card is the firmware number. 

4 hours ago, DanITman said:

The first ones that came out were red.  They haven't been red for MANY years now.  The difference between a standard zigbee card and a C4 zigbee card is the firmware number. 

Thanks.

Stand corrected!!!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.