C4 Forums | Control4

Yale C4 Lock History ?

Hello everyone,

I have a Yale lock with zigbee and recently noticed something weird on the app.  There are several days with no activity, only a "lock."   The door was never unlocked so I was just wondering why it's showing a locked?  At first thinking it was an internal check once/day, but there are other days with no activity at all.

We are not at the property daily, so just wanted to be sure someone wasn't bypassing the history/notifications -- photo attached.  Thanks for answer -- I'm sure it's just normal, but thought it would be good to check with the experts !

July 11 we left the apt

July 12 lock only

July 13 lock only

July 14 no entry

July 15 no entry -- not even a lock

July 16 we return

IMG_0175 2.jpg

I wonder if your Director is restarting on those days that you're getting a 'Locked' status.

I'm pretty sure that the lock sends initial status when it checks in and the system doesn't have current state, it would report a new state (going from 'unknown' to 'Locked').

I have my system setup to send push notifications on lock state changes, and I do believe I get Locked notifications on director restart, if I remember correctly.  (I also get 'system restarted' notifications, though, so they're not unexpected).

I doubt that it would be someone bypassing history, as if they were smart enough to remove the 'Unlocked', they'd also remove the 'Locked'...  :)

RyanE

On 7/18/2021 at 6:29 PM, RyanE said:

I wonder if your Director is restarting on those days that you're getting a 'Locked' status.

I'm pretty sure that the lock sends initial status when it checks in and the system doesn't have current state, it would report a new state (going from 'unknown' to 'Locked').

I have my system setup to send push notifications on lock state changes, and I do believe I get Locked notifications on director restart, if I remember correctly.  (I also get 'system restarted' notifications, though, so they're not unexpected).

I doubt that it would be someone bypassing history, as if they were smart enough to remove the 'Unlocked', they'd also remove the 'Locked'...  :)

RyanE

Yes this is correct, on director restart I get this notification for all locks 🔐 I experienced this the hardest through a 190 reboots in the past month! 😀

6 hours ago, RyanE said:

Rookie numbers.

:)

RyanE

Yeah, it’s history now, am on holiday 😎 from this incident, also need to give credit to C4 for creating this power horse the HC800 that is 12 years old and still kicking 😀

• 3 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.