C4 Forums | Control4

chime calls

Just had a question. Had a chime installed and it works perfectly to detect motion, and send push notifications for any motion. 

However, when the doorbell is pushed it sometimes calls my phone, and sometimes not.  Then stops doing it altogether until I reboot the controller and it starts working again.  All the while, it works otherwise and shows doorbell pushes in the history, just doesn't call my phone.

Any ideas if it's a setting or a bad chime?

thank you

I have the same problem at my own house and also at a customer's house that we installed it at. The customer has all apple products (iPhone and ipads). He is always complaining that the motion alerts hardly ever work and when the doorbell is pushed that is hit or miss too. So then i went home and installed a chime on my own house, and my wife who also has an iPhone too  and when pushed ,  her phone did not go off either.  So I thought maybe it is the intercom anywhere . But then my phone,  Which is a galaxy s20 did go off. The next day neither of our phones will go off for motions  and both our phones sometimes go off when the doorbell is pushed.  So is it a chime problem or a c4 app and intercom anywhere problem. Or a composer problem and is control4 aware of this and are they fixing it ?

I had similar issues with the motion until I played around with the settings with an emphasis on the setting of the item size.  I had the settings reversed and set for too large but fixed it by setting it smaller. Now I probably get about 90%+ of the motion I am looking for. 

However, I just tried my doorbell and now it is not ringing my iPhone again..

ive installed quite a few of the chimes and havent had clients complain about them yet, however at my own house im on my 3rd chime, 1st one was showing in history as the button press was being done every minute, rma on that, the 2nd one just stopped notifying my android phone, so i rma that one, now the 3rd one doesnt ring my galaxy s10+. ive been on with tech support several times, ive factory defaulted it, deleted communication agent and reinstalled, deleted all phones from customer.control4.com, setup multiple users with thier own user id. motion works fine, button pushes still dont call so i setup a push notification for button presses so at least i knoiw someones at the door and my zones without a touchscreen i have announcements. i myself am getting close to going back to doorbird until they can fix this but the picture quality on doorbird is nowhere near as good as the chime

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.