C4 Forums | Control4

Somfy Blind Control

Hi Everyone,

I was hoping to get some feedback on controlling Somfy blinds through Control4.  There are a couple of different drivers available and some are new:

I have 21 shades all Somfy controlled using two myLinks.

The drivers I am aware of are:

• The Control4 driver (currently using)
  • Somfy Generic RTS and DCT - Domosapiens Inc. (looks like if you purchase this driver you also get the one below)
  • Advanced Blind Control - Domosapiens Inc.
  • Somfy URTSI – Cinegration LLC

What I am looking for:

• Create scenes and have the blinds open to a fixed percent.
  • Have slide control for the blinds, like my dimmer lights. (I understand this is not 100% accurate as it is not 2-way communication but would be close.
  • Each room has a keypad so I would like one of the button to toggle between open – stop – close.  Currently it is open - close.

Primarily I am looking for the slide control, which looks promising in the Domosapiens drivers. I was hoping someone here had experience with them and could elaborate on their experiences.

Thank you for your time, Rocky

52 minutes ago, rocky350z said:

Hi Everyone,

I was hoping to get some feedback on controlling Somfy blinds through Control4.  There are a couple of different drivers available and some are new:

I have 21 shades all Somfy controlled using two myLinks.

The drivers I am aware of are:

• The Control4 driver (currently using)
  • Somfy Generic RTS and DCT - Domosapiens Inc. (looks like if you purchase this driver you also get the one below)
  • Advanced Blind Control - Domosapiens Inc.
  • Somfy URTSI – Cinegration LLC

What I am looking for:

• Create scenes and have the blinds open to a fixed percent.
  • Have slide control for the blinds, like my dimmer lights. (I understand this is not 100% accurate as it is not 2-way communication but would be close.
  • Each room has a keypad so I would like one of the button to toggle between open – stop – close.  Currently it is open - close.

Primarily I am looking for the slide control, which looks promising in the Domosapiens drivers. I was hoping someone here had experience with them and could elaborate on their experiences.

Thank you for your time, Rocky

I have the Domo driver - works great.  Can create scenes to open at a fixed percentage.  Slides to control blinds are there - just like you said - like your dimmers.  And yes you can use keypads - i have my keypads on a double tap so I dont accidentally open/close blinds.  so double tap toggles their current state between open and close.   Dont see why you couldn't throw a stop command in

Lastly most drivers have a trial period, so minus your dealers time/cost there isnt much to lose.

+1 for the Domosapiens drivers.  I use them both (one at my holiday house - where I have Somfy blinds) and the other at my main residence where I have TrendyStuff blinds can nnected via Bond. Both work great.

I think Chowmain also have a driver if you want to expand your list of options... Chowmain and Cinegration (like Domosapiens) are all established Driver developers, so you can’t go far wrong with any of the 3.  Choose one and use the trial period as @eggzlothas suggested.

@eggzlot Regarding the Domosapiens Driver... I've been playing around with it on my Somfy blinds.  It's definitely an improvement over the standard C4/Bond/Somfy integration.  However, in one of my rooms all the blinds are still showing up without slider control in the app.  It's weird, as they are definitely being controlled by the Domo driver, and I can program to %levels etc.  Have you had any similar experiences ?  All the other rooms/blinds display just fine.

1 hour ago, OceanDad said:

@eggzlot Regarding the Domosapiens Driver... I've been playing around with it on my Somfy blinds.  It's definitely an improvement over the standard C4/Bond/Somfy integration.  However, in one of my rooms all the blinds are still showing up without slider control in the app.  It's weird, as they are definitely being controlled by the Domo driver, and I can program to %levels etc.  Have you had any similar experiences ?  All the other rooms/blinds display just fine.

No experience

as mentioned by the developer here reboot and refresh 

On 4/23/2021 at 6:24 PM, OceanDad said:

Regarding the Domosapiens Driver... I've been playing around with it on my Somfy blinds.  It's definitely an improvement over the standard C4/Bond/Somfy integration.  However, in one of my rooms all the blinds are still showing up without slider control in the app.  It's weird, as they are definitely being controlled by the Domo driver, and I can program to %levels etc.  Have you had any similar experiences ?  All the other rooms/blinds display just fine.

Pleased to say this cleared up by itself.  Some time after a system reboot, can't be sure exactly why or when.  In any event, everything is working very well now.  Very useful driver if you want to bring one-way Somfy blind control closer to the functionality of two-way control.  It's been written to integrate very well with Bond Bridge, but will work with traditional interfaces too.

22 hours ago, OceanDad said:

Pleased to say this cleared up by itself.  Some time after a system reboot, can't be sure exactly why or when.  In any event, everything is working very well now.  Very useful driver if you want to bring one-way Somfy blind control closer to the functionality of two-way control.  It's been written to integrate very well with Bond Bridge, but will work with traditional interfaces too.

A great driver indeed.

The slide controller can be turned on / off on each blind by pressing the 2 circle and line icon on the top right.  Then you can swipe the blind control left / right to turn the slide control on and off.

21 minutes ago, RobbieF said:

What are the recommendations for Somfy hardware (RTS / Mylink / Bond)? And does anyone know if the U.K. somfy blinds are limited as to what they can connect to, or are they the same globally?

RTS is the same globally and can be controlled by any RTS based controller including Bond.

• 3 weeks later...

I am having issues with a system with 2 MyLinks. I only see the first 16 channels from the initial MyLink installed. The second one with 16 blinds never shows in the dropdown when I try and assign a blind after adding the individual blind driver. I have only one instance of the master driver, and Lua shows it connecting to both "CC" serials from both units. Everything is current for firmware, OS3 on C4. Also the Mylinks drop off the Unifi wifi occasionally but that's not the main issue here - it's definitely with the communication to the master unit. You can see from the picture the EA-5 sees both MyLink's.

Untitled.png

27 minutes ago, RobbieF said:

Quick question @alanchow - Do you know of the Somfy Connexoon RTS Controller?  Do you have a driver for that?

Never heard of it before.  Honestly though RTS is kind of a solved problem with Bond.  Its really affordable, easy to install and works well.

7 minutes ago, alanchow said:

Never heard of it before.  Honestly though RTS is kind of a solved problem with Bond.  Its really affordable, easy to install and works well.

Yeah, I pre-ordered the new one. But they cancelled my order, as don’t ship to the U.K. :(  will have to ghost ship it over I suppose:) thanks Alan!

• 4 months later...

@tdougray Which RTS Transmitter are you referring to?

I am located in Germany and am looking for a RTS transmitter to integrate into Control4.
At the moment it looks like you need to use the Tahoma box which is quite pricy.
The Connexoon RTS might work but I don't know if it uses the same API as the Tahoma. Somfy has no clou at all and Bond is not shipping to Europe :(

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.