C4 Forums | Control4

Automated blind chain motor that works with C4 or Bond?

htjunkie

We have a huge living room window that we would love to automate open/close, it has a cord that pull one direction to open, the other direction to close.  I have seen quite a few of these from Amazon:

BENEXMART DIY Motorized Your Traditional Roll Shade Which with Bean or Cord Chain Smart Home Automation Support APP Timer Remote Control(Bluetooth): Amazon.ca: Tools & Home Improvement

Some has Zigbee control, but can I make it work in C4?  Any other recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

7 hours ago, alanchow said:

This is what I have used for a few of the blinds at my house.  Works well with Bond Bridge.

https://www.ozsmartthings.com.au/collections/smart-blinds/products/smart-blinds

Thank you, I hope this one is the same I bought it from Amazon so I can try it tomorrow:

YH002 Blinds Chain Motor Controller: Amazon.ca: Tools & Home Improvement

I hope it will work okay with a normal cord, not beaded chain!

I checked the Axis one in the past, it doesn't mention it will work with normal cord or not.  That might be for another room as the unit itself seems to be smaller.

Much appreciate all the help guys.

I got the blind controller today, got it communicated with Bond which is great.  However, the cable that I pull to open/close the shade it is not beaded, so it's slipping even though I have the proper cog selected!  I guess there's no other way around it unless I can change the cable to a beaded version.

My experience with the devices wasn't great.  You have to get the chain to be really tight on the cog, and even then you may get some slippage.  Very slow, and noisy too.  Plus you have the challenge of running/disguising the cables.  I had the Axis installed for a day or two before discarding it.

• 1 month later...
On 2/28/2021 at 2:58 AM, alanchow said:

This is what I have used for a few of the blinds at my house.  Works well with Bond Bridge.

https://www.ozsmartthings.com.au/collections/smart-blinds/products/smart-blinds

Ozsmartthings blinds controller looks exactly like Axis Gear. I wonder if the companies are related or one copied the other. Watching the oz smart things video. Its identical. Amazing...

23 hours ago, AtlantaSteven said:

Ozsmartthings blinds controller looks exactly like Axis Gear. I wonder if the companies are related or one copied the other. Watching the oz smart things video. Its identical. Amazing...

Don’t think so. Think oz smart things is dooya based.  I like supporting them as they provide excellent customer service to us and all of our dealers / end users.

mine has been working solid since I got it.  Running on solar and got it scheduled based on sunset / sunrise apart from when it’s a day hotter than 25 degrees c where it won’t open.

Integrates perfectly via Bond.

Ordered an Oz about a week ago, made it's way to SF just waiting to clear customs and get to me in OH! I got sliding panels for a standard 6' slider and this is the only one that allows use of smooth cord that I could find, plus easy bond integration (already have Chow's Bond driver) were all appealing to me. Will report back when integrated. Couldn't find sliding patio door panels that had beaded cord or really anything but a wand until the one's I got. Simple Bali ones. 

• 2 weeks later...

Oz arrived and integrates fairly well. Seems it doesn't always respond to the command, but putting "Set blind to stop " before command to open or close seems to have helped. Also Bond has open closed reversed for the remote so had to do it manually programmed couldn't use their quick setup. For a quick, cheap way to motorize a panel blind (couldn't find anything otherwise) it works great. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.