C4 Forums | Control4

Chowmain - Android TV (Amazon Fire TV, Chromecast with Google TV, AirTV, Xiaomi Mibox, etc) driver for Control4

alanchow

I have a client with the new ATT/DirecTV stream boxes, the Osprey C71KW. It is said to be an Android TV device. Can this driver be used with these boxes? Additionally, our client would like channel favorite buttons to go directly to channels of their linking. Is that possible with this driver? The closet where these boxes are distributing from does not have a controller so we are hoping the IP driver will work for these. 

4 hours ago, MikeR said:

I have a client with the new ATT/DirecTV stream boxes, the Osprey C71KW. It is said to be an Android TV device. Can this driver be used with these boxes? Additionally, our client would like channel favorite buttons to go directly to channels of their linking. Is that possible with this driver? The closet where these boxes are distributing from does not have a controller so we are hoping the IP driver will work for these. 

We have had feedback that it works with DirecTV.  Having said that it will not go direct to channels.  Please utilise the 90 day trial before licence purchase to make sure it meets your expectations.

• 6 months later...
2 hours ago, Wolf_54321 said:

Is it possible that the "USB Debug" somehow broke on the latest Nvidia Shields? I enable it and get a message not seen in the tutorial video. Also, the app wont ask for permissions but stay in "watch tutorial"...

We haven't had any feedback about that.  Its a pretty popular driver so if something broke we'd get inundated with support requests.

You can reach out to our support desk for assistance via link below.

https://chowmain.software/for-integrators/technical-support

I reached out to the developer of the Zank-App:

There is indeed a change in setting this up- not the "USB debug" has to be activated but the "Network debug".

Works like a charm! By the way Alan: very nice driver and quite responsive too!

One more question: Is there a mini-app for Kodi? There isn´t one in the driver - pack...

7 hours ago, Wolf_54321 said:

I reached out to the developer of the Zank-App:

There is indeed a change in setting this up- not the "USB debug" has to be activated but the "Network debug".

Works like a charm! By the way Alan: very nice driver and quite responsive too!

One more question: Is there a mini-app for Kodi? There isn´t one in the driver - pack...

I am not sure if Kodi works as Zank only opens apps with MainActivity as its intent.  If it works using the Apps driver then you can make your own using the Favorites driver.  That driver allows you to launch custom apps.

5 hours ago, ERDrPC said:

I will be hoping to trial this driver with the Epico Google TV box from my cable company. 

https://www.androidtv-guide.com/pay-tv-provider/cogeco-epico-v2/

Does the drive allow numbered channel input? ie press 1-2-3 to get to channel 123?

The driver sends ascii numbers out (same as pressing numbers on your keyboard).  It may or may not work with your particular cable box depending on how the manufacturer implemented channel browsing.

All of our drivers come with a 90 day trial so highly recommend you test out the driver prior to licence purchase.

• 4 weeks later...

I have installed the driver in Control4 and the apps are launching on Fire TV but I cannot control the Fire TV with my Control4 remote which is a SR-260. Below is the log when pressing buttons on my control4 remote.

[22:22:07 1995] idBinding = 6004

nPort = 1029

strStatus = ONLINE

nPort = 1029

strStatus = OFFLINE

[22:22:07 1995] ReceivedFromProxy [5001]: END_RIGHT: {

"DEVICE_ID" : "437",

"DURATION" : "100",

"ROOM_ID" : "40"

}

[22:22:07 1995] Proxy Command not defined: END_RIGHT

[22:22:10 1995] ReceivedFromProxy [5001]: DOWN: {

"BEGIN" : "2357791331",

}

[22:22:10 1995] idBinding = 6004

nPort = 1029

strStatus = ONLINE

nPort = 1029

strStatus = OFFLINE

[22:22:10 1995] ReceivedFromProxy [5001]: END_DOWN: {

}

[22:22:10 1995] Proxy Command not defined: END_DOWN

On 12/22/2023 at 12:40 AM, Benoît van Osch said:

I have installed the driver in Control4 and the apps are launching on Fire TV but I cannot control the Fire TV with my Control4 remote which is a SR-260. Below is the log when pressing buttons on my control4 remote.

nPort = 1029

strStatus = ONLINE

nPort = 1029

strStatus = OFFLINE

[22:22:07 1995] ReceivedFromProxy [5001]: END_RIGHT: {

}

[22:22:07 1995] Proxy Command not defined: END_RIGHT

[22:22:10 1995] ReceivedFromProxy [5001]: DOWN: {

"BEGIN" : "2357791331",

}

nPort = 1029

strStatus = ONLINE

nPort = 1029

strStatus = OFFLINE

[22:22:10 1995] ReceivedFromProxy [5001]: END_DOWN: {

}

[22:22:10 1995] Proxy Command not defined: END_DOWN

There is a native FireTV C4 driver, so why using this driver for?

• 3 months later...

anyone know if there is a way to map the 4 color buttons to the color buttons on the actual remote?  (in this case its a Droidlogic Sword+ box)  Control is working but the client needs to be able to use the color buttons to switch between different views in the app they are using (OnAir).  I only see the ability to map the color buttons to app shortcuts.

Has anyone ever tried this driver on an A3 Pro Chinese box?  I have a customer that has one and needs to control it thru the Control4 system for Video Distribution. Any feed back would be appreciated. 

• 4 months later...

I would like 2x control4 remotes (2 different rooms) to control 1x Fire TV Stick. I have the Zank app installed on Fire TV, and 1x Zank driver configured in Composer that points to the IP of the Fire TV. I can get the control4 remote working but will have lost the connection the following day. I have not used the second remote yet. My understanding is that in Composer, the Control4 remote links to a room, and the room links to the devices configured for that room which is e.g. this Fire TV stick. The Fire TV driver for this links to the Zank driver through IP config and this enables control of the Fire TV stick by Control4. 

Any suggestions on what could be going wrong here?

11 hours ago, Benoît van Osch said:

I would like 2x control4 remotes (2 different rooms) to control 1x Fire TV Stick. I have the Zank app installed on Fire TV, and 1x Zank driver configured in Composer that points to the IP of the Fire TV. I can get the control4 remote working but will have lost the connection the following day. I have not used the second remote yet. My understanding is that in Composer, the Control4 remote links to a room, and the room links to the devices configured for that room which is e.g. this Fire TV stick. The Fire TV driver for this links to the Zank driver through IP config and this enables control of the Fire TV stick by Control4. 

Did you reserve the IP for the firestick in your router?

11 hours ago, Benoît van Osch said:

It might be best to speak to your installer. This could be lots of things (as mentioned, like IP reservation, network issues, etc). There isn't really any information to go by, but you can have as many control4 remotes as you wish.