C4 Forums | Control4

Fanimation Fan Speed Control?

I'm working with an integrator right now who is struggling to control 7-8 ceiling fans in my home.  The fans all appear newer, Fanimation brand, and the prior homeowners had those annoying fan speed remote controls in each room.  Going to C4, we were really hoping to ditch all the fan remotes, and my integrator assured me the C4 fan controllers on the wall would control the fan speeds so we ordered a bunch of C4 fan controllers.  That said, with the C4 switches now installed, the fans are giving us issues.  They will trigger on/off, but when we cut the fan speed down at all the fans basically go extremely slow and nearly come to a stop with no other speed control.  The fan remotes allow for 6 different speeds.  Next, we had electricians here and the C4 integrator told them to "remove the brain" from the fan itself, but the electricians reported "the brain is built into the fan."  

Are my fans not going to be compatible with C4 fan speed controllers?  Pictures of the fans, fan remotes, and some wiring at the fan are attached.  I hate the idea of keeping these remotes around when going to a "smart home" system with T4 touchscreens right on the wall!    

IMG_3159.jpeg

IMG_3158.jpeg

IMG_3152.jpeg

IMG_2953.jpeg

IMG_2950.jpeg

IMG_2949.jpeg

This may or may not be your problem, but the fan controllers can only have one fan “load” per controller.

If you are trying to control more than one fan with the same controller, look at something like this and if it can be added to your fan it should solve your problems. Yes I know it comes with a remote, but you will be programming it to your keypads so the remote will not be used.

3 hours ago, C4 User said:

Look at adding a Bond to your system and put I’ll the fans on switch’s that remain on all the time. 

I would have gone the Bond route as well as no requirement for electrician.  Just keep it as what it was and install a Bond bridge to replicate the RF remote control functionality.

I am a bit biased though.

If however you still want to go down this route i would recommend looking up the FCC code on Bond's website to ensure compatibility.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.