C4 Forums | Control4

Is there a Tuya driver for Control4?

zaphod

When I searched Tuya I came upon a thread regarding MQTT, but is anyone aware of a direct driver for these devices.  It looks like there are a few other HA applications (https://github.com/codetheweb/tuyapi😞

Projects built with TuyAPI

5 hours ago, wnpublic said:

To each their own, but I’m not going to put Chinese cloud devices in my home network.  The good news is that these things are easily flashable with custom firmware that will keep them local only. 

I have some sympathy for what you are saying but there are a bunch of drivers for various LED lights that I think you could put in a similar category, like Lifx, Nexlux, Yeelight, etc.  And same think for Hikvision and Dahua cameras, and probably a bunch of other cameras as well.

7 hours ago, wnpublic said:

To each their own, but I’m not going to put Chinese cloud devices in my home network.  The good news is that these things are easily flashable with custom firmware that will keep them local only. 

Am as paranoid as well😃, every device I bought had been flashed and taken out of any cloud; Chinese and non-Chinese!

1 hour ago, zaphod said:

I have some sympathy for what you are saying but there are a bunch of drivers for various LED lights that I think you could put in a similar category, like Lifx, Nexlux, Yeelight, etc.  And same think for Hikvision and Dahua cameras, and probably a bunch of other cameras as well.

I don’t use any of those except Yeelight and I had integrate it with C4 without calling-home!

20 hours ago, zaphod said:

When I searched Tuya I came upon a thread regarding MQTT, but is anyone aware of a direct driver for these devices.  It looks like there are a few other HA applications (https://github.com/codetheweb/tuyapi😞

To answer your question: There is no Tuya to C4 Integration directly, only when taking them out of Tuya cloud when flashing Tasmota.  HA have tones of direct integration to a lot of other devices, but HA is a pain in the neck!

4 hours ago, Amr said:

To answer your question: There is no Tuya to C4 Integration directly, only when taking them out of Tuya cloud when flashing Tasmota.  HA have tones of direct integration to a lot of other devices, but HA is a pain in the neck!

I kind of enjoy HA.  At my house, it's now basically an overlay on top of C4 that everyone likes to use better than the C4 interface.  But yes there are some real DIY elements to it.

• 4 months later...
4 hours ago, alanchow said:

Old topic but though i'd share for anyone who is doing a search.

Our Tuya Agent for Control4 is now available.

I bought the driver already, I don’t have a use for it in my main house, but for my summer house for sure I have lot of use for it 😀 you just get it out at a perfect time to play with it before getting it to work …

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.