C4 Forums | Control4

SMART HOME PRO TIPS: Easy shade / blind integration

alanchow

Hi guys,

Back in May i had the idea to start the 'SMART HOME PRO TIPS' series of informational newsletters through our mailing lists in the hope that we can pass on knowledge and educate both integrators and consumers about which products to choose from and what to do to create the ultimate smart home!

Our first newsletter was about easy ceiling fan integration into Control4.

We just sent out a new one today about easy blind / shade integration into Control4.

Hopefully you guys find it useful.  I just installed the Oz Smart Things Oz Remote Smart Blinds at my place and at $399.99 AUD for a 3 pack it is bang for buck.  Was really easy to install and took about 2 minutes to do each blind.  Will let you guys know how the solar holds up over the coming months.

If you arn't subscribed to our newsletter you can view the first issue via the above newsletter links.

remoteblinds3pack_45c33d25-64af-419d-9dd

• alanchow changed the title to SMART HOME PRO TIPS: Easy shade / blind integration

I bought one of these types of controllers but I haven't installed it yet as the blinds that I want to control are Roman-type fabric blinds that over 2m wide and I am concerned that the motor isn't strong enough.  How much force does the motor have?

5 hours ago, zaphod said:

I bought one of these types of controllers but I haven't installed it yet as the blinds that I want to control are Roman-type fabric blinds that over 2m wide and I am concerned that the motor isn't strong enough.  How much force does the motor have?

My theater has a 2m wide blind and although it is slower than the other shades I have it does work.

In regards to how powerful it actually is you’ll have to reach out to the manufacturer with that question.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.