C4 Forums | Control4

Luma VMS For Mac

CT-Mike

After a few security related events at the house, I wanted a few cameras installed. My dealer came out today and installed a Luma 510 NVR and 4 cameras. Since I don't do Windows I am using Luma VMS for Mac.

I am having a little trouble finding the proper settings to adjust the zoom on a couple of the cameras.

Anyone have any tips on helping me find how to adjust the zoom?

Thanks,

Mike

So I figured it out. There is a PTZ button, and once that window opens - it doesn’t seem very intuitive but tapping on “test” button brings up the controls.

On another note,  I could use a little feedback on how the cameras are aimed/zoomed. Shown in the photo is the current setup. I do plan to add more cameras as the budget allows.

I think the camera looking at the front door needs to be aimed down a little more and maybe zoom out a little more.

28524F8E-233E-4620-9199-C30C46CCBBB9.png

I'd agree on the front door, I'd also aim it away from the door a bi more (no need to see the wall...

Garage could use a sun shield cover.

Of course, it's impossible to really judge your overall coverage as we don't know the layout , any odd angles etc. but I would be concerned that you don't have full coverage based on the close view of the front door and the way the driveway camera looks

The Luma VMS app is bugged and hasn't been updated since 2018.

I have sites that the Luma VMS can only view the cameras in like 240P standard definition and no matter wha tyou do you cannot look at or download a high resolution stream.

Solution is to use Internet Explorer, then you can look at your high res cameras.

But using IE is NOT a bloody solution, its another problem.

So yea don't use VMS. Just pray to god you have a 510 NVR and can use chrome / safari. If you only got a 310 series then just sit around and wait and pray Luma releases firmware sometime soon.

On 11/10/2020 at 11:03 PM, wnpublic said:

Have to say, the Luma stuff is junk that it feels like dealers have been pushed to push out to us.  The VMS and browser issues are downright embarrassing, as is the mobile app.

It's just readily available, and has drivers. It's own interface is out of the 'C4' picture, and a lot of dealers do security cams more as an 'add-on'.

In the end, it's just HIKVision stuff, so are many other solutions, including at least one 3rd party brand we came across the other day that is 'custom installer' geared as the company states - it's basically a straight HikVision, and I'm half thinking @alanchow either wrote the driver, or they stole it. Purpose AV I think.

While I really like setups like BlueIris, I'm hesitant to install it FOR clients, simply because it's another level or responsibility, and I'm sure there are plenty that wouldn't even consider it for that same reason.

Which leaves Pakedge or Lilin (more expensive) or finding a 3rd party solution, which isn't as convenient.

So...

On 11/9/2020 at 10:24 AM, BraydonH said:

The Luma VMS app is bugged and hasn't been updated since 2018.

I have sites that the Luma VMS can only view the cameras in like 240P standard definition and no matter wha tyou do you cannot look at or download a high resolution stream.

Solution is to use Internet Explorer, then you can look at your high res cameras.

But using IE is NOT a bloody solution, its another problem.

So yea don't use VMS. Just pray to god you have a 510 NVR and can use chrome / safari. If you only got a 310 series then just sit around and wait and pray Luma releases firmware sometime soon.

I insisted on an 8-channel 510 NVR to allow for future expansion. 
I gave some thought about going with a BlueIris setup using my NAS, but in the end I needed something simple for my wife while I am away. 

With that said, how do I log in to the NVR directly using Chrome or Safari as someone mentioned?

38 minutes ago, Cyknight said:

It's just readily available, and has drivers. It's own interface is out of the 'C4' picture, and a lot of dealers do security cams more as an 'add-on'.

In the end, it's just HIKVision stuff, so are many other solutions, including at least one 3rd party brand we came across the other day that is 'custom installer' geared as the company states - it's basically a straight HikVision, and I'm half thinking @alanchow either wrote the driver, or they stole it. Purpose AV I think.

While I really like setups like BlueIris, I'm hesitant to install it FOR clients, simply because it's another level or responsibility, and I'm sure there are plenty that wouldn't even consider it for that same reason.

Which leaves Pakedge or Lilin (more expensive) or finding a 3rd party solution, which isn't as convenient.

So...

We struck a deal with Staub.  They did not steal anything.

52 minutes ago, Cyknight said:

Didn't mean to be accusatory, but the similarities were obvious enough that I wanted to bring it to your attention.

So yeah you wrote it for all intends and purposes 😉

All good.  I appreciate the concern

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.