C4 Forums | Control4

Remote toilet flush

ejn1

Good question - surely the motion sensing flushers have some electronics that could be controlled.

On a related note - can you integrate stuff like the Toto toilet seats (or entire toilets) into C4?  It would make sense to turn off the seat heater, etc, when you aren't at home. 

17 minutes ago, South Africa C4 user said:

How will you know that the toilet needs flushing remotely? Camera? Surely not 🤢

😂 my use case is vacation home that toilets have to be flushed periodically  to remove hard water staining...

6 hours ago, South Africa C4 user said:

Aha... I suspect you could wire one of the fancier Geberit flushes to do this...

Those are some pretty cool toilets but didn't see remote controlled buttons.   They have some remote buttons but dont look electronic or with wifi, etc.

7 hours ago, zaphod said:

Good question - surely the motion sensing flushers have some electronics that could be controlled.

On a related note - can you integrate stuff like the Toto toilet seats (or entire toilets) into C4?  It would make sense to turn off the seat heater, etc, when you aren't at home. 

The expensive toto's do seem to have some sort of wireless remote but didnt read anything was programmable.   

1 minute ago, Neo1738 said:

Bond Bridge is a Rf hub that you can also program to most remotes. If you can get the FCC ID for a devices remote you can email Bond and see if their device is able to integrate it. 

Many thanks... Will check into it.  

Just now, mujtaba.khokhar said:

Have a look at Grohe (Its a UK brand), toilets work on RF (I think they have a WiFi Unit now too) simply captured the RF codes added in a Multi X gateway (this was before bond was even a thing)

customer wanted his toilets automating, don't ask 😂

Thanks 

M

Nice, I will check it out.   I have Grohe fixtures in my US home as I got familar with them while in the UK.    Great products (ps thought they were German?).  

Just now, ejn1 said:

Nice, I will check it out.   I have Grohe fixtures in my US home as I got familar with them while in the UK.    Great products (ps thought they were German?).  

No worries, 

Maybe they are german... never really looked into them. Grohe is all over the UK tho lol

just done a google search, I stand corrected :)

Thanks 

Muj

1 minute ago, JR2 said:

I think installing a water softener will be an better and easier solution?

Home not plumbed for a softener.   Ideally,  I was hoping there was a device that would install near the handle that you could either set on a timer to open the valve or connect via wifi.  Not worth it to buy new toilets.    It's a home automation feature that could really be of use for second home owners, especially out of town owners.   Doesn't look like its readily available yet without at a minimum buying an entire new toilet.   Folks on this forum seem to automate everything so thought worth a shot :)

1 hour ago, ejn1 said:

The expensive toto's do seem to have some sort of wireless remote but didnt read anything was programmable.   

TechCrunch story from 2008:https://techcrunch.com/2008/06/26/google-employees-even-get-japanese-space-toilets/

Google employees are so special that they even get Japanese space toilets on which to rest their stock options.

SFist found these sexy Japanese Toto toilets in Google’s headquarters. They feature front and rear cleansing along with a dryer and some sort of insane wand cleaning system that may be part of Google’s 80-20 projects policy. The toilets are fairly common in Japan – heck, there are even toilets that offer birdsong to cover up embarrassing noises – so perhaps they’re these were installed as a treat for their Asian employees.

The real question, however: Is there an API?

• 2 months later...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Ready-To-Install-Wi-Fi-FLUSH-TOILET-Alexa-Voice-Smart-Home-Automation-Kit/142661696669?pageci=b48602cd-22b9-46ef-a425-053245096fa0

I’m searching for something too and just found this on eBay. It may be worth a try given the price. I need to flush ours remotely when out of town because our cats are trained to use the toilet instead of a litter box! 

2 hours ago, wnpublic said:

Can be done with Toto and an IR blaster

Thanks.  I looked into it but you have to have a Toto very high end toilet....  So its a lot cheaper to deal with a hard water ring from extended periods of not flushing versus changing out all the toilets. 

My $0.02, the Toto Neorest toilets are amazing. I believe the remote is IR so would be simple to control with an IR blaster. I know that is not what the original post was about, but if you ever have one you will never have another house without at least one in the master. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.