C4 Forums | Control4

Unifi Issues - using Cloud Key

I've had a Unifi set up using Cloud Key maybe 3-4 years no, never any issues.  Cloud Key + 4 APs (no router/switches, etc those are other brands) 

Today I tried to turn on C4 native streaming music and nothing (which I know has nothing to do with Wifi).  I also noticed my phone (on wifi) didn't work.  So I just figured internet was down so I rebooted my cable modem and went on with a few other tasks around the house.  I went to use a desktop computer (hard wired) and it worked fine so I figured the reboot did the trick.

Later on I noticed our wifi devices (namely my iOS phone and wife's Android phone) were no longer getting internet though they were connected to wifi.  My Cloud Key was at v5.12 and I forget my APs but those were also out of date.  So I updated the Cloud Key to v5.13 all 4 APs to v4.3.20.  Everything was rebooted and working fine.  Within 1-2 hours my iPhone stopped working again yet my wife's Android phone seems to still be working.  I looked at a few other devices on wifi (Rachio, Laundry Washer/Dryer) and they seem to be online and functioning but my wife's WiFi VoIP office phone is not working.

When I put my cell on mobile data and try to log into the Unifi app it gets stuck at "Requesting SDP offer" and fails to connect.  But on my Mac I can type in the IP of my Cloud Key, pull it up, see all the dashboards, etc.

I am fairly puzzled.

I shut off 2 of the 4 AP's and now all devices seem to be working.  So I'll have to troubleshoot those 2 APs.  any ideas where to start troubleshooting an AP?  Devices again would connect to those APs without a problem.

Shutting down those 2 APs also let me know connect with the Unifi App - on local Wifi or Mobile Data.

Hard to say.  Your unifi controller tells you what the state of each unifi device in so i would start there.

Given its PoE could be possible that the switch power supply is faulty and is not putting out enough power.

Try swapping the APs around (ie the 2 that were off turn them back on and the 2 that are on turn them off).

Also what are the AP’s are they UAP-AC-LR? These AP’s have a problem when they are heavily utilized they start dropping clients and rebooting them once and a while fix them but it’s not a solution, solution for crowded areas is to get HD AP’s instead.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.